Subject: [nmrg] Re: My review of: draft-schoenw-sming-lessons-00.txt
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
To: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:51:19 +0200
List-Id: Network Management Research Group <nmrg.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de>

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 04:40:51PM +0200, Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:

> In general, I think this is a quite useful document.

Thanks for your review. I have posted a new version which addresses
the editorial issues and I have revised some of the introductory text.

> For novice readers (those not directly involved with some
> of the SMIng history), it might be helpful if a few
> examples are included in various subsections of section 3.

I did not add examples since reasonably examples take quite some space
and thus the document will become rather long and I am afraid that
this might scare away readers. I am currently also not sure whether I
will continue this document in the IETF/IRTF; I might choose to find
some other home for it.

/js

PS: I used the new ID submission tool; lets see how this works...

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

From: "Michael Alexander" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 21:36:14 +0200
Sender: Michael Alexander <[email-masked]>
Subject: [nmrg] CfP: IJNM Special Issue on Mathematical Methods in Network Management

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C7FC97.708516A0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Dear,

please find the CfP for a Special Issue of the International Journal of
Network Management on Mathematical Methods in Network Management attached in
pdf,

Best Regards,

Dr. Michael Alexander
WU Wien Dept. of Information Systems
[email-masked] / +43.1.31336.4467 GSM +43.676.4447246

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C7FC97.708516A0
Content-Type: application/pdf;
	name="cfp-ijnm-vol3-mm_released.pdf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="cfp-ijnm-vol3-mm_released.pdf"

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C7FC97.708516A0--

Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:54:48 +0200
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Mail-Followup-To: [email-masked]
Subject: [nmrg] snmp trace analysis meeting
Reply-To: [email-masked]

Hi,

despite the lack of progress on the measurement ID, there are
continued efforts to collect additional SNMP traces and to do some
more advanced analysis on the collected traces:

1) Folks at the University of Twente have been working recently on
   algorithms to extract the non-periodic traffic out of SNMP traces
   (the more interesting stuff hidden in the periodic polls).

2) Folks at Jacobs University have tried to identify table retrieval
   algorithms used by management applications.

3) Folks at PSNC have applied some of the analysis tools and
   techniques to their networks and developed some further ideas what
   to look for in the collected traces.

In order to discuss ongoing trace analysis work and to identify a core
set of common definitions or metrics, it was suggested to hold a two
day workshop on November 8-9 2007, hosted by the University of Twente
in Enschede, Netherlands. This workshop would be sponsored by the
European EMANICS project.

Please send comments about this proposal to this list. If you plan to
attend such a workshop, please also drop me a note.

/js

PS: I am sorry for not having updated the measurement ID yet but I
    decided to give priority to some IETF activities before working on
    the ID revision.

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>