Subject: Re: [nmrg] netflow/ipfix workshop slides and draft minutes
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:50:39 +0100
List-Id: Network Management Research Group <nmrg.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de>

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 05:53:14PM +0100, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> the workshop just closed and I managed to put most slides and the
> draft minutes online:
> 
>   http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/nmrg/meetings/2008/munich/
> 
> Please check the content and if there is anything that need fixing,
> please drop me a note.

The minutes are actually here and not currently directly linked
to the meeting page (we should probably fix that):

http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/nmrg/minutes/minutes-025.txt

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 17:53:14 +0100
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Mail-Followup-To: [email-masked]
Subject: [nmrg] netflow/ipfix workshop slides and draft minutes
Reply-To: [email-masked]

Hi,

the workshop just closed and I managed to put most slides and the
draft minutes online:

  http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/nmrg/meetings/2008/munich/

Please check the content and if there is anything that need fixing,
please drop me a note.

I like to thank all contributors for this pretty interesting day.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 19:50:21 +0200
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Mail-Followup-To: [email-masked]
Subject: [nmrg] netflow/ipfix workshop update
Reply-To: [email-masked]

Hi,

the NetFlow/IPFIX workshop program has been updated and the number of
participants is growing. For the latest status, please check the web
page at <http://www.simpleweb.org/netflow/>.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 04:36:00 +0200
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Mail-Followup-To: [email-masked]
Subject: [nmrg] [[email-masked]: RFC 5345 on Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Traffic Measurements and Trace Exchange Formats]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

Hi,

the SNMP measurements document has been published. It has been a long
journey. I like to thank everybody who contributed to this document by
providing valuable feedback. A special thank you to Bert Wijnen for
shepherding the document through the IRSG/IESG review process.

/js

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 5345 on Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Traffic
	Measurements and Trace Exchange Formats
From: [email-masked]
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 13:46:01 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: [email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5345

        Title:      Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) 
                    Traffic Measurements and Trace Exchange Formats 
        Author:     J. Schoenwaelder
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 52411
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-nmrg-snmp-measure-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5345.txt

The Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is widely deployed to
monitor, control, and (sometimes also) configure network elements.
Even though the SNMP technology is well documented, it remains
relatively unclear how SNMP is used in practice and what typical SNMP
usage patterns are.

This document describes an approach to carrying out large-scale SNMP
traffic measurements in order to develop a better understanding of
how SNMP is used in real-world production networks.  It describes the
motivation, the measurement approach, and the tools and data formats
needed to carry out such a study.

This document was produced within the IRTF's Network Management
Research Group (NMRG), and it represents the consensus of all of the
active contributors to this group.  This memo provides information for 
the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IRTF Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

----- End forwarded message -----