Subject: [nmrg] workshop on netflow usage
From: Ramin Sadre <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 11:25:43 +0200
List-Id: Network Management Research Group <nmrg.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de>

Dear list members,

This year, the EMANICS Network of Excellence will organize for the
second time a workshop on Netflow usage. It will be located at the
Jacobs University Bremen, Germany, taking place on October 6 or 8.

Here is a short description of the workshop and its scope:

----------------------------------
Flow-based approaches are used in various areas of network management
today, such as link monitoring, accounting, and anomaly detection.
As in the previous year, the goal of this workshop is to be a place
where researchers and operators can exchange and discuss their
experiences and ideas in the usage of Netflow/IPFIX in network
management. The workshop will address new applications of flows in the
above mentioned and other areas, operator experiences, recent developments,
as well as related activities such as flow storage and visualization.

The workshop is open to the public but the number of participants and
presentation slots is limited. The workshop will have several sessions,
each one consisting of around three short presentations followed
by a discussion round.
----------------------------------

Last year, the workshop was quite successfull and supported by
the NMRG as the 25th NMRG meeting:
   http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/nmrg/meetings/2008/munich/

We would like to know whether the NMRG is willing to support the
workshop this year again, making it an NMRG event.

Regards,
Ramin Sadre
University of Twente