Subject: [nmrg] FYI: ripe-atlas-has-reasons-to-celebrate

From: "Bert Wijnen (IETF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 11:05:35 +0100

Hi, I want to update you on the status of RIPE ATLAS project.

We are proud to announce that over 1024 RIPE Atlas probes are
now active, distributed over the whole world!

For details see:

https://labs.ripe.net/Members/becha/ripe-atlas-has-reasons-to-celebrate

For lots of details on the ATLAS project, see:

http://atlas.ripe.net/

With Happy Holidays greetings to all of you!

Bert Wijnen

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 12:18:26 +0100

> now active, distributed over the whole world!

This is indeed a very significant achievement. I hope the user defined
test feature also comes along pretty soon now. Its xmas time, perhaps
I should some of this on my wishlist. ;-)

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: "Bert Wijnen (IETF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 12:58:50 +0100

The UDM (User Defined Measurements) are in test-mode.

See:
https://labs.ripe.net/Members/becha/happy-beta-testers-of-atlas-udm

and:

https://labs.ripe.net/Members/kistel/new-ripe-atlas-features-in-the-making

from that last article (oct 26):

      We'll be looking for beta testers for UDM during the upcoming
      RIPE 63 Meeting as well as after it. If you'd like to be included
      in this, please send a mail to [email-masked].

We already have a number of beta testers, but if you have good
ideas, pls do not hesitate to send them to the above email address.
It may take till the 2nd week of Jan before you get an anwer though.

Bert

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 14:01:44 +0100

> It may take till the 2nd week of Jan before you get an anwer though.

One of my students tried this but without much luck/resonse. Perhaps
time to retry in 2012.

/js