Subject: [nmrg] NFQL Proposal for Netflow/IPFIX NMRG Workshop at IETF 87

From: "Bajpai, Vaibhav" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 15:12:59 +0000

On Jun 11, 2013, at 9:00 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> From: Ramin Sadre <[email-masked]>
> 
> Call for Presentations
> 5th Workshop on the Usage of Netflow/IPFIX in Network Management
> (30th NMRG meeting)
> 
> […]
> 
> To propose a presentation, please send a short abstract (15 lines) to
>  Ramin Sadre, [email-masked]
>  Aalborg University
> before
>  July 2nd, 2013.

Hello Ramin,

I would like to give a presentation on:

Title: NFQL: A tool for querying network flow-records.

Abstract:

Cisco’s NetFlow protocol and IETF’s IPFIX open standard are the widely
deployed techniques for collecting network flow statistics. Understanding
certain patterns in these network statistics requires sophisticated flow
analysis tools that can efficiently mine flow records. We recently proposed
Network Flow Query Language (NFQL) that can process flow records, aggregate
them into groups, apply absolute or relative filters, and invoke Allen
interval algebra rules to merge group records. In this presentation, we
introduce and demo an efficient implementation of the query language. The
tool can process traces exported by NetFlow v5 and IPFIX protocols. The 
processing power of the execution engine has also been evaluated by a 
suite of benchmarks against contemporary flow-processing tools. 

Best, Vaibhav

-----------------------------------------------------
Vaibhav Bajpai

Research I, Room 86
Computer Networks and Distributed Systems  (CNDS) Lab
School of Engineering and Sciences
Jacobs University Bremen, Germany

www.vaibhavbajpai.com