Subject: [nmrg] 31st NMRG meeting - 1st NMRG workshop on large scale network measurements

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 11:28:27 +0200

Call for Presentations

	   1st Workshop on Large Scale Network Measurements
			 (31st NMRG meeting)

Location: Zurich, Switzerland (co-located with CNSM 2013 [1])
Date: Monday, October 14

Large-scale network measurement platforms have evolved during the past
few years. Some utilize specialized hardware probes (e.g., RIPE Atlas
or SamKnows) while others utilize software probes that run on ordinary
desktop computers or smart phones (e.g., measurement projects related
to M-Lab) or even within Web browsers (e.g., Ookla Speedtest).

This workshop aims at bringing together researchers and in particular
PhD students working on topics such as:
- novel metrics for measuring Internet performance
- techniques to estimate quality of experience from raw measurements
- novel data analysis techniques
- interactive information visualization techniques
- software and hardware tools
- interfaces of measurement systems to network management systems

We want the workshop to be an opportunity for attendees to exchange
and discuss their experiences and ideas. Presentations typically last
around 20 minutes (depending on the number of accepted presentations),
followed by discussion rounds.

To propose a presentation, please send a short abstract (15 lines) to

  Juergen Schoenwaelder
  <[email-masked]>
  Jacobs University Bremen

before September 20th, 2013. Please also contact us as soon as
possible if you want to attend the workshop without giving a
presentation.

The NMRG workshop is co-located with CNSM 2013 [1] but does not
require a CNSM registration. However, for organizational reasons, NMRG
meeting attendees are requested to register with the contact provided
above.

This workshop is organized and sponsored by the EU projects Leone [2]
and Flamingo [3] in collaboration with the EU project mPlane [4].

[1] http://www.cnsm-conf.org/2013/
[2] http://www.leone-project.eu/
[3] http://www.fp7-flamingo.eu/
[4] http://www.ict-mplane.eu/

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>