Subject: [nmrg] 31st NMRG meeting - 1st NMRG workshop on large scale network measurements

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 17:45:40 +0200

Call for Presentations

	   1st Workshop on Large Scale Network Measurements
			 (31st NMRG meeting)

Location: Zurich, Switzerland (co-located with CNSM 2013 [1])
Date:     Monday, October 14
Deadline: Friday, September 20

Large-scale network measurement platforms have evolved during the past
few years. Some utilize specialized hardware probes (e.g., RIPE Atlas
or SamKnows) while others utilize software probes that run on ordinary
desktop computers or smart phones (e.g., measurement projects related
to M-Lab) or even within Web browsers (e.g., Ookla Speedtest).

This workshop aims at bringing together researchers and in particular
PhD students working on topics such as:
- novel metrics for measuring Internet performance
- techniques to estimate quality of experience from raw measurements
- novel data analysis techniques
- interactive information visualization techniques
- software and hardware tools
- interfaces of measurement systems to network management systems

We want the workshop to be an opportunity for attendees to exchange
and discuss their experiences and ideas. Presentations typically last
around 20 minutes (depending on the number of accepted presentations),
followed by discussion rounds.

To propose a presentation, please send a short abstract (15 lines) to

  Juergen Schoenwaelder
  <[email-masked]>
  Jacobs University Bremen

before September 20th, 2013. Please also contact us as soon as
possible if you want to attend the workshop without giving a
presentation.

The NMRG workshop is co-located with CNSM 2013 [1] but does not
require a CNSM registration. However, for organizational reasons, NMRG
meeting attendees are required to register with the contact provided
above by September 20th.

This workshop is organized and sponsored by the EU projects Leone [2]
and Flamingo [3] in collaboration with the EU project mPlane [4]. For
up-to-date information, see [5].

[1] http://www.cnsm-conf.org/2013/
[2] http://www.leone-project.eu/
[3] http://www.fp7-flamingo.eu/
[4] http://www.ict-mplane.eu/
[5] http://tinyurl.com/pqfkd7e

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 22:24:01 +0200

Hi,

here is an update concerning the upcoming NMRG workshop co-located
with CNSM 2013. We have the following tentative agenda:

  09:00 - RIPE Atlas Internals (Philip Homburg)
  09:20 - Router-based and client-based platforms for performance
          measurement and censorship detection (Giuseppe Acetos)
  09:40 - mPlane: A Platform for Measurement Iteration and Automation
          (Brian Trammell)
  10:00 - Discussion
  10:30 - Coffee Break
  11:00 - A distributed measurement method exploiting path overlapping
          in large scale network systems (Hoang Dinh)
  11:15 - On Using Peer-to-Peer Technology for Decentralized Detection
          of Service Level Agreement Violations (Lisandro Granville)
  11:30 - CoMIQuaL: Collaborative Measurement of Internet Quality in
          Lebanon (Nicolas Rouhana)
  11:45 - Design of Self-Adaptive Monitoring Systems Ensuring Quality
          of Measurements: A Novel Approach (Julien Broisin)
  12:00 - Discussion
  12:30 - Lunch Break
  14:00 - Measuring BGP propagation using correlated spikes (Andrey Sapegin)
  14:15 - Designing Active Measurements for YouTube (Saba Ahsan)
  14:30 - Detecting middlebox interference with tracebox (Fabien Duchêne)
  14:45 - Measuring TCP Connection Establishment Times of Dual-Stacked
          Web Services (Vaibhav Bajpai)
  15:00 - Discussion
  15:30 - Coffee Break
  16:00 - Hypergraph Mining (Dimitri Papadimitriou)
  16:15 - DDoS as a Service (Jair Santanna)
  16:30 - Software Defined Monitoring - Research Platform for High
          Speed Network Monitoring (Lukáš Kekely)
  16:45 - VoS - A Value-of-Service Concept for IP Networks (Daniel Dönni)
  17:00 - Discussion
  17:30 - Closing 

For more up-to-date details, see <http://tinyurl.com/pqfkd7e>. If you
want to participate, please send me an email until 2013-09-30 so that
I can add you to the attendees list.

/js