Subject: [nmrg] TRAC 2014 Call for Papers

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 08:08:55 +0200

Greetings, all,

The following might be of interest to those of you with with an interest in passive network measurement; for the rest of you, apologies for the spam!

Many thanks, best regards,

Brian

CALL FOR PAPERS

TRAC 2014 -- 5th International Workshop on TRaffic Analysis and Characterization
               Technically Sponsored by IEEE and FP7-mPlane
      4-8 August 2014  -- Nicosia, CYPRUS -- http://trac2014.ftw.at/

SCOPE

The continued evolution of the Internet is characterized by dramatic changes in 
the way users behave, interact with and use the network. Today's Internet content 
and applications are increasingly delivered by ever larger content delivery 
networks (CDNs) and cloud infrastructures.

Other changes in the Internet, such as the explosion of mobile traffic and the 
growing deployment of encryption (e.g. HTTPS Everywhere) demand new approaches 
for characterizing and analyzing network traffic. Malicious and abusive traffic 
continues to evolve as well, and techniques for detection must evolve in kind.

The fifth edition of the TRAC workshop continues to serve as a forum for scientists 
and engineers in academia and industry to exchange and discuss their experiences 
and research results about all aspects of traffic classification, characterization, 
and analysis.

TOPICS

The workshop is soliciting high quality papers discussing original and innovative 
experimental activities, unpublished and not currently submitted for publication 
elsewhere, on topics including (but not limited) to the following:

* Traffic analysis and characterization algorithms and techniques
* Detection, analysis, and classification of network anomalies
* Platforms for on-line, real-time traffic analysis and characterization
* Evaluation of traffic classification and analysis techniques
* Data-reduction techniques for traffic analysis and visualization
* Privacy-preservation in traffic analysis, classification, and characterization
* Effects of anonymization on traffic analysis, classification, and characterization
* Identification and classification of encrypted traffic
* Advanced algorithms for deep packet inspection
* Post-DPI approaches for traffic classification
* Applications of traffic analysis to network security
* Traffic analysis studies on operational networks and large-scale traffic data sets
* Applications of traffic analysis to network operations and management
* Ultra-high rate (10 - 100Gbit) traffic analysis, classification, and characterization
* Analysis and characterization of mobile and wireless traffic
* Forwarding-plane support for network measurement and analysis

SUBMISSIONS

Prospective authors are invited to submit their papers using the EDAS system. 
Submitted papers must be no longer than six (6) IEEE style pages including results, 
figures and references. Papers will be reviewed by the standard reviewing procedure. 
Accepted papers will be published on the IEEE Xplore Digital Library

IMPORTANT DATES

Paper submission:   January 15, 2014 
Notifications:      March 15, 2014 
Camera-ready:       April 1, 2014 

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

Workshop Chairs:

* Pedro Casas (FTW Vienna Research Center, Austria)
* Brian Trammell (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)

Honorary Chairs:

* Christian Callegari (University of Pisa, Italy)
* Sandrine Vaton (TELECOM Bretagne, France)