Subject: [nmrg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-siracusa-nmrg-ccon-fwk-00.txt

From: dsiracusa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 10:17:45 +0100

Dear all,

the following Internet Draft has just been posted. It describes a 
framework for "cognitive capable" optical networks. More specifically, 
it first provides a basic background about the most recent technological 
enablers in the context of optical networks; then, it details the 
framework and presents some applications that can benefit from cognition 
in order to achieve better network performance; finally, it discusses 
about the implications on the at control plane level.

Our decision to share this draft within NMRG is due to the fact that in 
our understanding cognitive capable networks are closely related to 
autonomic networks (actually, they can be even considered as a variant 
of), since they provide self-configuration, self-healing and 
self-optimization functionalities, by relying on the information 
provided by monitors disseminated into the network and by exploiting the 
previous experience. Thus, we think that this draft can provide a 
contribution to the discussion on autonomic networks that is currently 
ongoing in this working group, by providing an initial description of a 
technology-specific solution based on optical networks.

This document is indeed a work in progress, so feedbacks are surely welcome.

Background: This draft is the output of EU FP7 funded CHRON project. 
More details of this project can be found at http://www.ict-chron.eu

Best Regards,
Domenico Siracusa

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-siracusa-nmrg-ccon-fwk-00.txt
Date: 	Mon, 04 Nov 2013 10:20:22 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Elio Salvadori <[email-masked]>, Ruben M. Lorenzo 
<[email-masked]>, Ramon J. Duran <[email-masked]>, Antonio 
Francescon <[email-masked]>, Domenico Siracusa 
<[email-masked]>, Ignacio de Miguel 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-siracusa-nmrg-ccon-fwk-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Antonio Francescon and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-siracusa-nmrg-ccon-fwk
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Framework for Cognitive Capable Optical Networks
Creation date:	 2013-11-04
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 24
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-siracusa-nmrg-ccon-fwk-00.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-siracusa-nmrg-ccon-fwk
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-siracusa-nmrg-ccon-fwk-00

Abstract:
    The increased complexity in the management of highly heterogeneous
    optical networks is recently forcing vendors and providers to look
    for novel mechanisms which diminish the manual intervention by
    favoring the autonomous execution of several operational tasks,
    especially when dealing with network congestion or failure events.
    The adoption of cognitive techniques in networking envisions a
    network which is able to adapt itself to current or forecasted
    conditions by taking into account previous history, and which is
    able to act proactively, rather than reactively, in order to avoid
    problems before they arise. In this document, a novel architectural
    framework that introduces cognitive techniques in the optical
    networking domain is described, and several use cases provided to
    emphasize its effectiveness.

Ignacio de Miguel is the fifth author (as it appears in the text file provided). I'm not able to have it automatically included in the authors list.

Thanks.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat