Subject: Re: [nmrg] 33rd NMRG meeting - Call for Contributions

From: Laurent Ciavaglia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 16:05:06 +0100

Dear Lisandro, all,

I would like to propose the following topic for presentation: Proactive 
self-healing mechanisms for IP networks.
The goal is to highlight how IP networks healing/recovery capability can 
be enhanced with autonomic-like mechanisms, especially to make them 
(more) predictive/proactive.
The presentation can be fairly short (10min.), introducing the overall 
problem/idea and concrete use cases for application over different IP 
protocols (OSPF, G/MPLS).

Thanks, best regards, Laurent.

On 28/01/2014 21:46, Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville wrote:
>                    CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS
>   
>        Autonomics for Network Management – Part II
>   
>    33rd Network Management Research Group (NMRG) meeting
>          IETF 89 - March 2-7, 2014 - London, England
>
>   
> Over the last couple of years, Autonomics has gained  a lot
> attention in both academia and industry. After the  initial
> "buzz", the basic  concepts of autonomics  remain extremely
> promising in  the area of  networking,  in particular  when
> considering  the  flexibility  provided  by  the   emerging
> technologies   in   virtualization   and   software-defined
> networking (SDN).  In this context,  the 32nd NMRG meeting,
> held  in IETF 88 (in Vancouver),  was focused on Autonomics
> for Network Management. The promising discussing started at
> that  meeting  will  continue in the  NMRG 33rd meeting, in
> London, during IETF 89.
>   
>   
> We  invite  interested  speakers to  briefly describe their
> potential  talks in  reaction to this call informing title,
> speaker names, and topic. NMRG is specially interested, but
> not limited, in the topics listed below:
>   
> - Real  world  experiences on using autonomic principles in
>    network management;
>   
> - Autonomic  frameworks/architectures devoted or adapted to
>    network management;
>   
> - Lessons learned,  both positive and  negative,  on  using
>    autonomics for network management;
>   
> - Disruptive   and  incremental   deployment  of  autonomic
>    principles in traditional network management solutions;
>   
> - Novel or adapted protocols for autonomic management;
>
> - Autonomics  for the  management  of  emerging  networking
>    paradigms (eg ICN, SDN, DCN, etc.)
>   
>   
> Contributions  should  be  submitted via e-mail to the NMRG
> mailing list ([email-masked]).
>
>
> Best regards,
>   
> Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville & Olivier Festor
> NMRG Co-Chairs
> _______________________________________________
> nmrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/nmrg
>