Subject: [nmrg] New version of draft-irtf-nmrg-autonomic-network-definitions

From: "Michael Behringer (mbehring)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 23:34:31 +0000

NMRG, 

Version -03 of draft-irtf-nmrg-autonomic-network-definitions is just posted: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-nmrg-autonomic-network-definitions-03 

Below are the changes we made from -02 to -03. Please let us know if we missed something, or if you disagree with any change. 

Thanks, 
Michael

* Added a reference to Dobson. 

* Definition of ACP: Now listing the options as discussed on the list. 

* Some editorial nits, corrections. 

* Definition of "autonomic".  Now reads: 

      <t>Autonomic Node: A node which employs exclusively autonomic functions. 
      It requires (!) no configuration. (Note that configuration can be used to
      override an autonomic function. See <xref target="coexistence"/> for 
      more details.) An Autonomic Node may operate on any layer of the networking
      stack. Examples are routers, switches, personal computers, call managers, 
      etc.</t>
and:
      <t>Autonomic Network: A network containing exclusively autonomic nodes.</t>

Now we have no formal definition of a node which has some autonomic functions, but not all. I guess we'll call that beast a "node with some autonomic functions". :-)

* In section 3.1 (self-management), added some new text on control loops. 

* in section 5, (reference model), the ACP part, added that security is a requirement. 

* Added an IANA section.