Subject: [nmrg] CFP: IFIP AIMS 2015 | June 22-26 2015, Ghent Belgium

From: Jérôme François <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 20:58:13 +0100

We  apologize for multiples  copies. Please  circulate this  CFP among

your colleagues and students.

**********************************************************************

            The 9th IFIP International Conference on

   Autonomous Infrastructure, Management and Security (AIMS 2015)

         June 22 - 26, 2015, Ghent, Belgium

             http://www.aims-conference.org/2015/

**********************************************************************

The AIMS  international conference is a  single-track event, including

conference paper  sessions, hands-ons  and keynotes, which  focuses on

early research done  by PhD students and young  researchers in network

and  service management and  security.  The  participants find  here a

dedicated  place  for  getting   a  constructive  feedback  by  senior

scientists and they benefit from tutorials on transversal aspects of a

research  activity  (e.g.   publication strategies,  paper  reviewing,

research  presentation  design).   By   taking  part  in  a  dedicated

workshop, the  PhD students are invited  at an early  stage to present

and motivate their  work as well as their  research plans. Finally, by

being involved in practical  hands-on sessions, PhD students and young

researchers  will  get an  up-to-date  knowledge  combined with  basic

skills  on   emerging  technologies.   This   way,  AIMS  acts   as  a

complementary  piece in the  set of  international conferences  in the

network and service management community.

AIMS 2015  focuses on the management of  infrastructures, services and

content, as focal components of the Future Internet.  New paradigms as

well as autonomic and fully distributed algorithms, virtualization and

monitoring   techniques  or  self-organizing   overlays  have   to  be

investigated to design scalable  and resilient frameworks able to deal

with dynamic and often  domain-specific environments, and also to cope

with big  data to  process and content  to be delivered.   The design,

monitoring,  configuration and  protection of  the next  generation of

networked systems  in an efficient,  secure, and autonomic  manner are

crucial to commercially viable and successful networks and services.

Authors  are  invited  to  submit  papers  on  the  following  topics,

including related fields:

Network and service management

- Wireless networks (adhoc, mesh, sensor, vehicular, ...)

- Internet of things

- Smart cities

- Smart grids

- Cyber-physical networks

- Overlay, grid and virtual networks

- Big data Analytics

- Software defined networks

- Data centers and clouds  (Iaas, Paas and SaaS)

- Content delivery (P2P, CDN, ICN, ...)

- Social networks

- Future Internet

Management functions

- Intrusion detection

- Protection of infrastructures and services

- Security management

- Configuration management

- Accounting of systems, services and behaviors

- Economic traffic management

- Service provisioning

- Resilience of management infrastructures and services

- Privacy and management data

- Quality of service and experience

Techniques and Methodologies

- Autonomic and self-management

- Cognitive management

- Distributed monitoring and correlation

- Risk management

- Knowledge plane design and deployment

- P2P-based management

- Modeling of management technologies and procedures

- Flow based management

- Scalability of management infrastructures

- Experimental studies

Conference Paper Submission:

Only original, full  papers that have not been  published or submitted

for publication  elsewhere can be  submitted. Each submission  must be

written  in  English and  will  be  limited  to 12  pages,  references

excluded,  in  the LNCS  paper  format.   Papers  exceeding 12  pages,

multiple  submissions, and  self-plagiarized papers  will  be rejected

without  further  review. Paper  submission  is  handled  by the  JEMS

system, accessible from the AIMS 2015 web page.

PhD Student Workshop Submission:

The PhD  student  workshop  is open  to both junior  PhD (max 2 years)

and prospective  PhD  students. Authors  are invited  to submit  short

papers  (4 pages  excluding references, written in English and in LNCS

format) describing the  current state of  their  research.  The  paper

should include a  clear  description of  the research problem and  the

chosen approach, argue why the problem is hard and the approach novel,

and it should  outline  the results  achieved to  date. Specific, low-

level technical details should be  avoided. Papers  will be  evaluated

based on  the proposed  idea, methodology and foreseen impact. Authors

of the papers  should  only  be  the student  and his/her  advisor(s).

Accepted  submissions  will be published in the AIMS 2015 proceedings.

Proceedings:

The  conference proceedings  will be  published in  Springer's Lecture

Notes  of  Computer  Science   (LNCS)  series  and  will  include  the

conference papers as well as the PhD student workshop papers.

Important Dates:

- January 16, 2015: Paper registration deadline

- January 23, 2015: Paper submission deadline

- March 11, 2015: Notification of acceptance

- April 1, 2015: Camera-ready papers due

- June 22 - 26, 2015: AIMS 2015 conference

General Co-Chairs

- Filip De Turck, Ghent University - iMinds, Belgium

- Piet Demeester, Ghent University - iMinds, Belgium

Technical Program Co-chairs

- Steven Latré, University of Antwerp - iMinds, Belgium

- Marinos Charalambides, University College London, United Kingdom

Ph.D. Student Workshop Co-chairs

- Corinna Schmitt, University of Zurich, Switzerland

- Jérôme François, INRIA, France

Publications Chair

- Burkhard Stiller, University of Zurich, Switzerland

Steering Committee

- Ramin Sadre,  Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium

- Guillaume Doyen, University of Technology Troyes, France

- Anna Sperotto, University of Twente, Netherlands

- Pavel Celeda, Masaryk University, Czech Republic

- David Hausheer, Technical University Darmstadt, Germany

- Aiko Pras, University of Twente, Netherlands

- Burkhard Stiller, University of Zurich, Switzerland

Technical Program Committee

- Alessandro Finamore, Politecnico di Torino, Italy

- Alex Galis, University College London, United Kingdom

- Alexander Clemm, Cisco Systems, USA

- Alexander Keller, IBM Global Technology Services, USA

- Alva Couch, Tufts University, USA

- Anandha Gopalan, Imperial College London, United Kingdom

- Bertrand Mathieu, Orange Labs, France

- Bruno Quoitin, Université de Mons, Belgium

- Burkhard Stiller, University of Zurich, Switzerland

- Danny Raz, Technion, Israel

- David Hausheer, TU Darmstadt, Germany

- Filip De Turck, Ghent University - iMinds, Belgium

- Gabi Dreo Rodosek, University of Federal Armed Forces, Munich, Germany

- Georgios Karagiannis, University of Twente, The Netherlands

- Grégory Bonnet, University of Caen Lower Normandy, France

- Isabelle Chrisment, TELECOM Nancy - Université de Lorraine, France

- Jan Korenek, Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic

- Jérôme François, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg

- Juergen Schoenwaelder, Jacobs University Bremen, Germany

- Kurt Tutschku, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden

- Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville, UFRGS, Brasil

- Martin Waldburger, WIK-Consult, Germany

- Martin Zadnik, Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic

- Mauro Tortonesi, University of Ferrara, Italy

- Michelle Sibilla, Paul Sabatier University, France

- Olivier Festor, INRIA Nancy - Grand Est, France

- Philippe Owezarski, LAAS-CNRS, France

- Piotr Cholda, AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland

- Radu State, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg

- Ramin Sadre, Aalborg University, Denmark

- Raouf Boutaba, University of Waterloo, Canada

- Remi Badonnel, INRIA - TELECOM Nancy - University of Lorraine, France

- Robert Szabo, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary

- Thomas Bocek, University of Zurich, Switzerland

- Vojtech Krmicek, Masaryk University, Czech Republic

PhD Student Workshop Committee

- Aiko Pras, University of Twente, The Netherlands

- Alberto Schaeffer-Filho, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul
(UFRGS), Brazil

- Bradley Simmons, York University, Canada

- Clarissa Marquezan, Duisburg-Essen University, Germany

- Desislava Dimitrova, University of Bern, Switzerland

- Dimitrios Pezaros, University of Glasgow, United Kingdom

- Eleni Patouni, University of Athens, Greece

- Jan Vykopal, Masaryk University, Czech Republic

- Jeroen Famaey, University of Antwerp - iMinds, Belgium

- Joan Serrat, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Spain

- Kostas Tsagkaris, University of Piraeus, Greece

- Lefteris Mamatas, University College London, United Kingdom

- Maxwell Young, Drexel University, USA

- Paulo Simoes, University of Coimbra, Portugal

- Pavel Celeda , Masaryk University, Czech Republic

- Steven Davy, Waterford Institute of Technology, Ireland

- Stylianos Georgoulas, University of Surrey, United Kingdom

- Sven van der Meer, Ericsson, Ireland

- Thibault Cholez, LORIA / INRIA Nancy - Grand Est, France