Subject: [nmrg] Benoit Claise's Yes on conflict-review-irtf-nmrg-an-gap-analysis-00: (with COMMENT)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 04:53:12 -0700

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
conflict-review-irtf-nmrg-an-gap-analysis-00: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/conflict-review-irtf-nmrg-an-gap-analysis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

During my review of this document I noticed the following issues that the
authors and ISE may want to address.

- Since the draft mentions:

  The terminology defined in
   [I-D.irtf-nmrg-autonomic-network-definitions] is used in this
   document.

I was expecting [I-D.irtf-nmrg-autonomic-network-definitions] to be a
normative reference.

- Like I mentioned in
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/conflict-review-irtf-nmrg-autonomic-network-definitions/ballot/#benoit-claise,
be consistent with the terminology capitalization.
I see for example "Autonomic Networking", but some other term are not
capitalized (autonomic functions, autonomic service agents)

-

   For
   example, currently, a light load is often assumed in network design
   because there is no mechanism to properly handle a sudden traffic
   flood.  It is therefore common to avoid network crashes caused by
   traffic overload by configuring idle resources, with an
   overprovisioning ratio of at least 2 being normal [Xiao02].

Network crashes due to traffic overload? This looks like a bug to me :-)
Network congestion, maybe?