Subject: [nmrg] IEEE DASC-2015, Liverpool, England, UK, 26-28 Oct. 2015

From: "Lei Liu (Chris)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 16:23:19 +0800

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this email]

**************************** IEEE DASC-2015 CFP ***************************

*The 13th IEEE International Conference on Dependable, Autonomic and Secure
Computing*

*(DASC-2015)*

http://cse.stfx.ca/~dasc2015/

*Liverpool, England, UK, 26-28 October 2015 *

*Sponsored by*
IEEE, IEEE Computer Society and IEEE Technical Committee of Scalable
Computing (TCSC)

INTRODUCTION
=============
As computer systems become increasingly large and complex, their
Dependability, Security and Autonomy play critical role at supporting
next-generation science, engineering, and commercial applications. These
systems consist of heterogeneous software/hardware/network components of
changing capaDASCies, availability, and in varied contexts. They provide
computing services to large pools of users and applications, and thus are
exposed to a number of dangers such as accidental/deliberate faults, virus
infections, malicious attacks, illegal intrusions, natural disasters, etc.
As a result, too often computer systems fail, become compromised, or
perform poorly and therefore untrustworthy. Thus, it remains a challenge to
design, analyse, evaluate, and improve the dependability and security for a
trusted computing environment. Trusted computing targets computing and
communication systems as well as services that are autonomous, dependable,
secure, privacy protect-able, predictable, traceable, controllable,
assessable and sustainable.

The scale and complexity of information systems evolve towards overwhelming
the capability of system administrators, programmers, and designers. This
calls for the autonomic computing paradigm, which meets the requirements of
self-management by providing self-optimization, self-healing,
self-configuration, and self-protection. As a promising means to implement
dependable and secure systems in a self-managing manner, autonomic
computing technology needs to be further explored. On the other hand, any
autonomic system must be trustworthy to avoid the risk of losing control
and retain confidence that the system will not fail. Trusted and autonomic
computing and communications need synergistic research efforts covering
many disciplines, ranging from computer science and engineering, to the
natural sciences and the social sciences. It requires scientific and
technological advances in a wide variety of fields, as well as new
software, system architectures, and communication systems that support the
effective and coherent integration of the constituent technologies.

DASC-2015 will be held on 26-28 October 2015 in Liverpool, UK. It aims to
bring together computer scientists, industrial engineers, and researchers
to discuss and exchange experimental and theoretical results, novel
designs, work-in-progress, experience, case studies, and trend-setting
ideas in the areas of dependability, security, trust and/or autonomic
computing systems.

SCOPE AND TPOCIS

================

Topics of particular interests include the following tracks, but are not
limited to:

·       Autonomic Computing Theory, Models, Architectures and Communications

·       Cloud Computing with Autonomic and Trusted Environment

·       Dependable Automatic Control Techniques and Systems

·       Dependability Models and Evaluation Algorithms

·       Dependable Sensors, Devices, Electronic-Mechanical Systems,
Optic-Electronic Systems, Embedded Systems

·       Self-improvement in Dependable Systems

·       Self-healing, Self-protection and Fault-tolerant Systems

·       Hardware and Software Reliability, Verification and Testing

·       Software Engineering for Dependable Systems

·       vSafety-critical Systems in Transportation and Power System

·       Security Models and Quantifications

·       Trusted P2P, Web Service, SoA, SaaS, EaaS, and PaaS

·       Self-protection and Intrusion-detection in Security

·       DRM, Watermarking Technology, IP Protection

·       Context-aware Access Control

·       Virus Detections and Anti-virus Techniques/Software

·       Cyber Attack, Crime and Cyber War

·       Human Interaction with Trusted and Autonomic Computing Systems

·       Security, Dependability and Autonomic Issues in Ubiquitous Computing

·       QoS in Communications and Services

·       Information and System Security

·       Reliable Computing and Trusted Computing

·       Wireless Emergency and Security Systems

·       Information Technology in Biomedicine

·       Multimedia Security Issues over Mobile and Wireless Networks

·       Multimedia in Mobile Computing: Issues, System Design, and
Performance Evaluation

·       Software Architectures and Design for Emerging Systems

·       Software Engineering for Emerging Networks, Systems, and Mobile
Systems

·       Service Oriented Architectures

IMPORTANT DATES
================

Workshop Proposal

30 April 2015

Submission Deadline:

15 June 2015

Authors Notification:

15 August 2015

Camera-ready Paper Due:

15 September 2015

Registration Due:

15 September 2015

Conference Date:

26-28 October 2015

PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINE
==========================

All papers need to be submitted electronically through the conference
website (http://cse.stfx.ca/~dasc2015/sub/) with PDF format. The materials
presented in the papers should not be published or under submission
elsewhere. Each paper is limited to 8 pages (or 10 pages with over length
charge) including figures and references using IEEE Computer Society
Proceedings Manuscripts style (two columns, single-spaced, 10 fonts). You
can confirm the IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Author Guidelines at the
following web page: http://www.computer.org/web/cs-cps/
Once accepted, the paper will be included into the IEEE conference
proceedings published by IEEE Computer Society Press (indexed by EI). At
least one of the authors of any accepted paper is requested to register the
paper at the conference.