Subject: [nmrg] 36th NMRG meeting - Call for Contributions

From: Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 11:37:54 -0300

Dear all,

We are glad to announce that the 36th NMRG meeting will take
place in  Ottawa, May 15th 2015,  during IM 2015, as previously
mentioned in this mailing list. As planned from a previous
poll, this meeting will be focused on security aspects.

Please, find below the Call for Contributions, and fell free
to distribute it to potential interested colleagues.

Best regards,

Olivier & Lisandro
NMRG Co-Chairs

---

                  CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS

      Managing Security Aspects of Internet Protocols

   36th Network Management Research Group (NMRG) meeting
         IM 2015 - May 15th, 2015 – Ottawa, Canada

Recently,  a  number   of  leaked  reports   describing  the
practices of countries tapping communication infrastructures
of other  nations  led  to  international  severe diplomatic
situations.  Security   flaws  have  been  of  interest  for
decades,  but they took another  dimension after the Snowden
case.  Internet  protocols  can present vulnerabilities that
allow  an   attacker   to  learn   and   exploit   sensitive
information; and users are often unaware of this situation.

The 36th NMRG  meeting will be  centered on security aspects
of Internet  protocols that need to be properly managed. The
main goal  of the meeting  is to  bring together researchers
and practitioners on  the  field  to  discuss  key  security
management  requirements,  as  well  as  identify   priority
research  challenges  that  need  to be tackled.  Reports on
practical  experiences   on  security  aspects  of  Internet
protocols  are  of  special  interest.  Examples of research
questions include, but are not limited to:

- How well is BCP38 (IP spoofing) implemented?
- How much worse is the amplification of DNSSEC?
- What is the behavior of botnets / DGAs?
- What privacy sensitive data is leaked from various
  protocols, without users awareness?

This  36th  NMRG   meeting   will  be  co-located  with  the
IFIP/IEEE  International  Symposium  on  Integrated  Network
Management (IM 2015),  held in Ottawa,  Canada.  This  is an
important  opportunity  because  IM 2015 is a key conference
that  brings together  the network  and  services management
community.

We  invite  interested  speakers  to  briefly describe their
potential  talks  informing title,  speaker name, and topic.
Contributions  should  be  submitted  via e-mail to the NMRG
mailing list ([email-masked]).

Best regards,

Olivier Festor & Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville
NMRG Co-Chair

---

From: William Atwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 12:31:31 -0400

Olivier & Lisandro,

A question about registration:

The NMRG meeting appears to have the characteristics of a "Workshop",
although it is not (yet) listed on the IM 2015 workshop page.

I assume that participants in this NMRG meeting should register for the
Friday "Workshop day", unless they are also attending the IM 2015
sessions, in which case they should register for "Add to Reg
TUTORIAL/WORKSHOP DAY".  Please confirm.

  Bill

On 02/04/2015 10:37 AM, Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> nmrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/nmrg
> 

-- 
Dr. J.W. Atwood, Eng.             tel:   +1 (514) 848-2424 x3046
Distinguished Professor Emeritus  fax:   +1 (514) 848-2830
Department of Computer Science
   and Software Engineering
Concordia University EV 3.185     email:[email-masked]
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West    http://users.encs.concordia.ca/~bill
Montreal, Quebec Canada H3G 1M8

---

From: Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 19:59:00 -0300

Dear William

Participants of the NMRG meeting don’t need to register for the meeting itself. Of course, if you are attending IM or other activities, you need to register for them.

Best regards,

Lisandro

> Em 02/04/2015, à(s) 13:31, William Atwood <[email-masked]> escreveu:
> 
> Olivier & Lisandro,
>