Subject: [nmrg] RFC 7576 on General Gap Analysis for Autonomic Networking

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 18:27:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7576

        Title:      General Gap Analysis for Autonomic Networking 
        Author:     S. Jiang, B. Carpenter, M. Behringer
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       June 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 42472
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-nmrg-an-gap-analysis-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7576

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7576

This document provides a problem statement and general gap analysis
for an IP-based Autonomic Network that is mainly based on distributed
network devices.  The document provides background by reviewing the
current status of autonomic aspects of IP networks and the extent to
which current network management depends on centralization and human
administrators.  Finally, the document outlines the general features
that are missing from current network abilities and are needed in the
ideal Autonomic Network concept.

This document is a product of the IRTF's Network Management Research
Group.

This document is a product of the Network Management Research Group of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC