Subject: [nmrg] TMA 2016 call for papers

From: Ramin Sadre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 10:28:42 +0200

Dear all,

The 8th International Workshop on Traffic Monitoring and Analysis (TMA 2016)
will be hosted by the Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium. We will
be happy to receive your submissions. You can find the call for papers
below and on the conference website:
   http://tma.ifip.org/2016/

Regards,
Ramin Sadre

On behalf of the program committee
Alessio Botta
Fabian Bustamante
Ramin Sadre

********************************
CALL FOR PAPERS
8th International Workshop on Traffic Monitoring and Analysis (TMA 2016)
http://tma.ifip.org/2016/

Location: Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
Date: April 7-8
Submission deadline: December 1st, 2015 (11:59 PM EST)

Scope:
The Traffic Monitoring and Analysis workshop (TMA) is a highly selective
venue for the presentation of early-stage research and controversial works
on all the aspects of network measurements. The focus is on improving the
practice or application of measurements, across the entire network stack
up to the application layer, with an emphasis on new areas of network
communication such as Software-Defined Networks, Cloud services, Content
Distribution Networks, social networks, mobile applications and data
centers, but also including more traditional measurement topics, such as
traffic classification, anomaly detection, network performance evaluation
and traffic analysis.

Some relevant topics include:
- Measurements of data centers, virtualized systems and cloud-based services
- Measurements of distributed systems, including content distribution and P2P networks
- Application layer measurements, including web services, social networks, mobile applications
- Traffic analysis, characterization, visualization and classification
- Anomaly detection
- Measurements of home, wireless and cellular networks
- Security and privacy in network measurement and analysis
- Network measurement and monitoring methods and techniques
- Network monitoring systems and distributed monitoring architectures
- Network performance evaluation, troubleshooting and topology measurements
- Measurement based experiments: repeatability tests, shared datasets, collaborative platforms
- Measurements of the Quality of Service and Quality of Experience
- Measurement in Software-Defined Networks
- Measuring the impact of Big Data processing on networks
- Traffic measurement and analysis using Big Data frameworks

Extended versions of the two best papers on machine learning, data mining
and Big Data for network monitoring and analysis will be fast-tracked for
publication in a Special Issue of Elsevier Computer Networks, subject to
further revision:
   http://www.journals.elsevier.com/computer-networks/call-for-papers/special-issue-on-machine-learning-data-mining-and-big-data/

Papers describing experiments with users or user data (e.g., passwords,
social network information), should follow the basic principles of ethical
research, e.g., beneficence (maximizing the benefits to an individual or to
society while minimizing harm to the individual), minimal risk (appropriateness
of the risk versus benefit ratio), voluntary consent, respect for privacy,
and limited deception. When appropriate, authors are encouraged to include a
subsection describing these issues, and the review process may examine the
ethical soundness of the paper just as it would examine the technical aspects.

Authors unsure about topical fit or ethical issues are welcome to contact
the program committee co-chairs at [email-masked]

Submission guidelines:
Authors should only submit original work that has not been published before
and is not under submission to any other venue. Submissions must not exceed
8 pages in IEEE 2-column style. A template is available on:
   http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
Submissions that do not comply with these requirements will be rejected without
review.

Important dates:
Submission deadline: Tuesday, December 1st, 2015 (11:59 PM EST)
Notification to authors: Monday, January 18, 2016
Camera-ready deadline: Monday, January 29, 2016
TMA workshop: April 7-8, 2016

Please visit the workshop homepage for further information:
   http://tma.ifip.org/2016/