Subject: [nmrg] CFC: Nature-Inspired Networking: Theory and Applications. To be published by CRC Press

From: Phan Cong Vinh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 16:37:37 +0700

CALL FOR BOOK CHAPTERS
----

Book Title:
Nature-Inspired Networking:
Theory and Applications

Proposals Submission Deadline: September 30, 2015
Full Chapters Due: April 30, 2016

A book edited by Phan Cong Vinh, Assoc.Prof., PhD in Computing
Faculty of Information Technology
Nguyen Tat Thanh University, Vietnam
Email: [email-masked]

To be published by CRC Press - Taylor & Francis Group

INTRODUCTION TO THE SUBJECT AREA
----
The book with the title of Nature-Inspired Networking (NiN) will contain
highly original contributions about how the nature is going to shape
networking systems of the future. Hence, it will focus on rigorous
approaches and cutting-edge solutions, which encompass three classes of
major methods:
- Those that take inspiration from nature for the development of novel
problem solving techniques;
- Those that are based on the use of networks to synthesize natural
phenomena; and
- Those that employ natural materials (e.g., molecules,) to compute or
communicate.

The book’s purpose is to make a formal basis more accessible to
researchers, scientists, professionals and students as well as developers
and practitioners in ICT by providing them with state-of-the-art research
results, applications, opportunities and future trends.

Original contributions will be solicited for the book. In particular,
theoretical contributions should be formally stated and justified, and
practical applications should be based on their firm formal basis.:

OBJECTIVE OF THE BOOK
----
The proposed book is preferred to be an advanced reference material for
readers who already have a basic understanding of networking and are now
ready to know how to  develop NiN using rigorous approaches. Hence,
theoretical contributions are welcome provided their relevance for how to
develop NiN is clear. Reports on applications are welcome provided their
formal basis is evident. For keeping a reasonable trade-off between
theoretical and practical issues, a careful selection of the chapters will
be done, on the one hand, to cover a broad spectrum of formal and practical
aspects and, on the other hand, to achieve as much as possible a
self-contained book.

Formal and practical aspects will be preferably presented in a
straightforward fashion by discussing in detail the necessary components
and briefly touching on the more advanced components. Therefore,
development should be demonstrated how to use the formal methods for NiN
will be described by sound judgments and reasonable justifications.

TARGET AUDIENCE
----
The book is written for researchers, scientists, professionals and students
in computer science and computer engineering as well as developers and
practitioners in next-generation network design.

SCOPE OF THE BOOK
----
Topics of interest range from theory to applications of Nature-Inspired
Networking (NiN) based on rigorous interdisciplinary approaches in which
theoretical contributions should be formally stated and justified, and
practical applications should be based on their firm formal basis.

Recommended topics of the book include, but are not limited to, the
following.

* Networking based on Biological Principles:
- Autonomic networking
- Context-aware networking
- Evolutionary networking

* Networking based on Physical Principles:
- Spatial networking
- Amorphous networking
- Massive parallel computing

* Networking based on Social Principles:
- Collision-based networking
- Swam intelligence in networking
- Collective intelligence in networking
- Networking based on chaos and dynamical systems

The list is not restrictive - contributing authors are encouraged to
contact the editor before submitting a chapter proposal to determine
whether the proposed submission is within the scope of this book.

SUBMISSION PROCEDURE
----
Potential contributors are invited to submit to the book editor via email
on or before September 30, 2015 a 2-3 page chapter proposal (included as an
email attachment) clearly explaining the mission and concerns of their
proposed chapter. Contributors of accepted proposals will be notified by
October 15, 2015 regarding the status of their proposals and sent chapter
guidelines. Full chapters are expected to be submitted by April 30, 2016.
All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a double-blind review basis.
Contributors may also be requested to serve as reviewers for this book
project.

PUBLISHER
----
This book is scheduled to be published by CRC Press - Taylor & Francis
Group, premier publisher of technical and scientific work, reaching around
the globe to collect essential reference material and the latest advances
and make them available to researchers, academics, professionals, and
students in a variety of accessible formats. Its mission is to serve the
needs of scientists and the community at large by working with capable
researchers and professionals from across the world to produce the most
accurate and up to date scientific and technical resources. For additional
information regarding the publisher, please visit http://www.crcpress.com.
This publication is anticipated to be released in late 2016.

IMPORTANT DATES
----
CHAPTER PROPOSAL:

* Authors Intention to Contribute (with a txt/word/pdf chapter proposal):
September 30, 2015
* Proposals Acceptance Notification: October 15, 2015

FULL CHAPTER SUBMISSION & NOTIFICATION:

* Chapters Submission: April 30, 2016
* Notification of Acceptance: July 30, 2016
* Camera-ready Submission: August 30, 2016

PUBLICATION by CRC Press - Taylor & Francis Group

* Publication: late 2016

INQUIRIES and SUBMISSIONS can be forwarded electronically to the book
editor:

Phan Cong Vinh
Assoc. Prof., PhD in Computing
Faculty of Information Technology
Nguyen Tat Thanh University
300A Nguyen Tat Thanh street, Ward 13, District 4, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Email: [email-masked]