Subject: [nmrg] Firm deadline // Special issue on Cloudification of the IoT

From: Nadjib Ait Saadi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 23:32:47 +0200

Our apologies if you receive multiple copies
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                     CALL FOR PAPERS
             Springer Annals of telecommunications journal
         Special issue on Cloudification of the Internet of Things
https://annalsoftelecommunications.wp.mines-telecom.fr/2015/04/02/call-for-papers-cloudification-of-the-internet-of-things/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The focus of this special issue is on the Internet of Things (IoT) with 
particular emphasis on the use of the Cloud as a central component of 
IoT architecture and a key infrastructural support for IoT applications. 
Leveraging its virtualized infrastructure and software-defined 
networking substrate, the Cloud is indeed in a good position to provide 
a flexible and scalable hosting environment for end-users with their 
profiles and privileges, the plethora of IoT applications in health, 
transportation, smart cities and many other domains, IoT generated data 
and control flows, Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication, Big-data 
analytics, IoT management systems, security solutions, Network Function 
Virtualization (NFV), SDN-based data forwarding to name a few. The main 
objective of this special issue is to address the entire spectrum of 
research issues pertaining to the use of Cloud infrastructures in 
support of IoT systems from the sensors and machines to the end-users 
and application hosted in the Cloud. The special issue seeks novel 
research contributions and experience papers tackling the challenges in 
these areas, including but not limited to:

•    Architecture and protocols based on Cloud for IoT
•    Cloud infrastructure and middleware solutions for IoT
•    Software Defined Network (SDN) for IoT
•    Network Function Virtualization (NFV) for IoT
•    Green communication for IoT based on Cloud solutions
•    Centralized and distributed systems for IoT in Cloud environment
•    Routing solution for IoT
•    MAC layer for IoT
•    M2M communication
•    Security
•    IoT traffic model
•    End-users applications based on IoT and Cloud services
•    Management system of IoT based on Cloud solutions
•    Testbed and experimental platforms of IoT deployed in Cloud 
environment
•    Cloud Radio Access Network for IoT  (5G)

Guest Editors:
Nadjib Aitsaadi, University Paris Est Creteil, France
Raouf Boutaba, Waterloo University, Canada
Yutaka Takahashi, University of Kyoto, Japan

Papers must be written in English and describe original research not 
published or currently under review by other journals or conferences. 
The length of the article file should not exceed 35,000 characters 
including spaces (i.e., around 5,500 words). The manuscripts that are 
outside the expected length are likely to be rejected. All relevant 
papers submitted will go through an external review process. A paper if 
it has been published partially in a conference, the authors should 
specify the add value of the journal paper comparing to the conference. 
Moreover, the submitted paper must contain at least 30% of novelty 
comparing to the conference paper.
Submissions should be sent according to the instructions available at:
http://annalsoftelecommunications.wp.mines-telecom.fr/how-to-publish/
The authors can directly submit their papers at: 
https://www.editorialmanager.com/ante/default.aspx and must select in 
“Choose Article Type” item “CfP: Cloudification of the IoT”.

Proposed schedule

• Manuscript submission: October 30, 2015 (firm deadline)
• Notification: February 1st 2016
• Online with DOI: As soon as accepted
• Printed issue: September-December 2016

Best regards,

-- 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Nadjib AIT SAADI
Associate Professor of Computer Science
University of Paris-Est Creteil Val de Marne (UPEC) - IUT Creteil/Vitry
Laboratory of Image, Signal and Intelligent Systems - LISSI
122 rue Paul Armangot, 94400 Vitry sur Seine
Tel : +33 1 41 80 73 10
http://sites.google.com/site/nadjibaitsaadi/
------------------------------------------------------------------