Subject: [nmrg] 2nd CFP: TMA 2016

From: Ramin Sadre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 16:53:55 +0100

Dear NMRG members,

Here is the 2nd CFP for TMA 2016. The workshop will take place at
UCL in Belgium next year, so just around the corner for some of you.
Please note the new submission deadline, which should give you plenty
of time to prepare a lot of paper submissions :)

Regards,
Ramin (on behalf of the workshop chairs)

*******************************************

2nd CALL FOR PAPERS
8th International Workshop on Traffic Monitoring and Analysis (TMA 2016)
http://tma.ifip.org/2016/

**** NEW SUBMISSION DEADLINE ****

Location: Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
Date: April 7-8
Submission deadline: December 22nd, 2015 (11:59 PM EST)

Scope:
The Traffic Monitoring and Analysis workshop (TMA) is a highly selective
venue for the presentation of early-stage research and controversial works
on all the aspects of network measurements. The focus is on improving the
practice or application of measurements, across the entire network stack
up to the application layer, with an emphasis on new areas of network
communication such as Software-Defined Networks, Cloud services, Content
Distribution Networks, social networks, mobile applications and data
centers, but also including more traditional measurement topics, such as
traffic classification, anomaly detection, network performance evaluation
and traffic analysis.

Some relevant topics include:
- Measurements of data centers, virtualized systems and cloud-based services
- Measurements of distributed systems, including content distribution and P2P networks
- Application layer measurements, including web services, social networks, mobile applications
- Traffic analysis, characterization, visualization and classification
- Anomaly detection
- Measurements of home, wireless and cellular networks
- Security and privacy in network measurement and analysis
- Network measurement and monitoring methods and techniques
- Network monitoring systems and distributed monitoring architectures
- Network performance evaluation, troubleshooting and topology measurements
- Measurement based experiments: repeatability tests, shared datasets, collaborative platforms
- Measurements of the Quality of Service and Quality of Experience
- Measurement in Software-Defined Networks
- Measuring the impact of Big Data processing on networks
- Traffic measurement and analysis using Big Data frameworks

Accepted papers will be published in the IFIP Digital Library.
The best paper will receive an award sponsored by IFIP.

Extended versions of the two best papers on machine learning, data mining
and Big Data for network monitoring and analysis will be fast-tracked for
publication in a Special Issue of Elsevier Computer Networks, subject to
further revision:
   http://www.journals.elsevier.com/computer-networks/call-for-papers/special-issue-on-machine-learning-data-mining-and-big-data/

Papers describing experiments with users or user data (e.g., passwords,
social network information), should follow the basic principles of ethical
research, e.g., beneficence (maximizing the benefits to an individual or to
society while minimizing harm to the individual), minimal risk (appropriateness
of the risk versus benefit ratio), voluntary consent, respect for privacy,
and limited deception. When appropriate, authors are encouraged to include a
subsection describing these issues, and the review process may examine the
ethical soundness of the paper just as it would examine the technical aspects.

Authors unsure about topical fit or ethical issues are welcome to contact
the program committee co-chairs at [email-masked]

Submission guidelines:
Authors should only submit original work that has not been published before
and is not under submission to any other venue. Submissions must not exceed
8 pages in IEEE 2-column style. A template is available on:
   http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
Submissions that do not comply with these requirements will be rejected without
review.

Important dates:
Submission deadline: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 (11:59 PM EST)
Notification to authors: Monday, February 1, 2016
Camera-ready deadline: Monday, February 15, 2016
TMA workshop: April 7-8, 2016

Please visit the workshop homepage for further information:
   http://tma.ifip.org/2016/

---

From: "Bert Wijnen (IETF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 17:52:08 +0100

That is in the same week as IETF in Bueanos Aires, isn't it?
Not so good planning I would think.

Bert