Subject: [nmrg] Deadline approaching: TMA 2016 - 8th International Workshop on Traffic Monitoring and Analysis

From: Alessio Botta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 17:49:56 +0100

Please apologize for multiple copies. It may be of interest for the group.

CALL FOR PAPERS
8th International Workshop on Traffic Monitoring and Analysis (TMA 2016)
http://tma.ifip.org/2016/

**** THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS APPROACHING ****

Location: Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
Date: April 7-8
Submission deadline: December 22nd, 2015 (11:59 PM EST)

Scope:
The Traffic Monitoring and Analysis workshop (TMA) is a highly selective
venue for the presentation of early-stage research and controversial
works on all the aspects of network measurements. The focus is on
improving the practice or application of measurements, across the entire
network stack up to the application layer, with an emphasis on new areas
of network communication such as Software-Defined Networks, Cloud
services, Content Distribution Networks, social networks, mobile
applications and data centers, but also including more traditional
measurement topics, such as traffic classification, anomaly detection,
network performance evaluation and traffic analysis.

Some relevant topics include:
- Measurements of data centers, virtualized systems and cloud-based services
- Measurements of distributed systems, including content distribution
and P2P networks
- Application layer measurements, including web services, social
networks, mobile applications
- Traffic analysis, characterization, visualization and classification
- Anomaly detection
- Measurements of home, wireless and cellular networks
- Security and privacy in network measurement and analysis
- Network measurement and monitoring methods and techniques
- Network monitoring systems and distributed monitoring architectures
- Network performance evaluation, troubleshooting and topology measurements
- Measurement based experiments: repeatability tests, shared datasets,
collaborative platforms
- Measurements of the Quality of Service and Quality of Experience
- Measurement in Software-Defined Networks
- Measuring the impact of Big Data processing on networks
- Traffic measurement and analysis using Big Data frameworks

Accepted papers will be published in the IFIP Digital Library.
The best paper will receive an award sponsored by IFIP.

Extended versions of the two best papers on machine learning, data
mining and Big Data for network monitoring and analysis will be
fast-tracked for publication in a Special Issue of Elsevier Computer
Networks, subject to
further revision:

http://www.journals.elsevier.com/computer-networks/call-for-papers/special-issue-on-machine-learning-data-mining-and-big-data/

Papers describing experiments with users or user data (e.g., passwords,
social network information), should follow the basic principles of
ethical research, e.g., beneficence (maximizing the benefits to an
individual or to society while minimizing harm to the individual),
minimal risk (appropriateness of the risk versus benefit ratio),
voluntary consent, respect for privacy, and limited deception. When
appropriate, authors are encouraged to include a subsection describing
these issues, and the review process may examine the ethical soundness
of the paper just as it would examine the technical aspects.

Authors unsure about topical fit or ethical issues are welcome to
contact the program committee co-chairs at
[email-masked]

Submission guidelines:
Authors should only submit original work that has not been published
before and is not under submission to any other venue. Submissions must
not exceed 8 pages in IEEE 2-column style. A template is available on:

http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
Submissions that do not comply with these requirements will be rejected
without review.

Important dates:
Submission deadline: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 (11:59 PM EST)
Notification to authors: Monday, February 1, 2016
Camera-ready deadline: Monday, February 15, 2016
TMA workshop: April 7-8, 2016

Please visit the workshop homepage for further information:
http://tma.ifip.org/2016/