Subject: [nmrg] Fwd: Third Call for Papers: Special Issue on "Management of Softwarized Networks" in IEEE TNSM

From: Christian Esteve Rothenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 11:05:17 -0200

CALL FOR PAPERS <apologies for any duplicates>

Special Issue on "Management of Softwarized Networks"
IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management
 -- http://www.comsoc.org/tnsm/cfp/si-msn --

   * Paper submission date: February 15, 2016
   * Notification of acceptance: April 18, 2016
   * Publication date*: September 1, 2016

Currently, there is a strong interest in both industry and academia in
the softwarization of telecommunication networks and cloud computing
infrastructures. This evolution of network softwarization is enabled
by three paradigms: (i) Software-Defined Networking (SDN), which
allows network control to be separated from the forwarding plane and
allows for a flexible management of the network resources, (ii)
Network Virtualization (NV), which enables virtualization of network
resources, and (iii) Network Function Virtualization (NFV), which
focuses on virtualization of software-based network functions. Instead
of installing and managing dedicated hardware devices for these
functions, they are instead implemented as software components and
deployed on commodity hardware infrastructures. There are also ongoing
research efforts focusing on Software-Defined Clouds, including edge
clouds and Fog Computing.
In order to efficiently manage softwarized networks and to be able to
use them to their full potential, there are many interesting
challenges to be addressed (see the areas listed below).
We welcome submissions addressing the important challenges and
presenting novel research or experimentation results. Survey papers
that offer a perspective on related work and identify key challenges
for future research will be considered as well. We look forward to
your submissions!

Topics of interest for this special issue, include, but are not
limited to the following:
   * APIs and management protocols for software programmable networks
   * Management of SDIs (Software-Defined Infrastructures)
   * Virtualization of resources, services and functions in SDN and NFV
   * Management of software-defined datacenters
   * Resource management for SDN or NFV-based systems
   * Efficient management of cloud computing and softwarized edge
cloud infrastructures
   * Network softwarization for 5G networks
   * Life cycle management of virtual network functions, SFC modeling
and representation
   * Composition algorithms and automated deployment of Service
Function Chains (SFCs)
   * Algorithms for efficient orchestration in softwarized networks
   * Dynamic resource scaling and migration of network functions in
NFV-based systems
   * Efficient network and service monitoring for SDN or NFV
   * Security management for SDN and NFV-based systems
   * Automated configuration and repair of virtualized software-defined systems
   * Algorithms for diagnosis and correlation of events in SDN or
NFV-based systems
   * Availability and resilience of virtualized software-defined systems
   * Debugging and introspection of software-defined virtualized systems
   * Management of federated SDN/NFV infrastructures
   * Detailed experience reports from experimental testbeds
   * Transition strategies from existing networks to SDN/NFV

**Submission guidelines**
All manuscripts and any supplementary material should be submitted
through the IEEE
ManuscriptCentral service located at: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tnsm
Authors must indicate in the submission cover letter that their
manuscript is intended for the "Management of Softwarized Networks"
special issue.

We are looking forward to your submissions!

*Guest editors*
   * Raouf Boutaba, University of Waterloo, Canada
   * Prosper Chemouil, Orange Labs, France
   * Filip De Turck, Ghent University-iMinds, Belgium
   * Christian Esteve Rothenberg, University of Campinas, Brazil
   * Kohei Shiomoto, NTT, Japan
   * Minlan Yu, University of Southern California, USA