Subject: [nmrg] Fwd: [Maprg] MOOC on Internet Measurements

From: Laurent Ciavaglia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 10:06:56 +0100

Dear NMRG,

This message might be of interest to you.

Best regards, Laurent.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[Maprg] MOOC on Internet Measurements
Date: 	Wed, 23 Mar 2016 10:00:04 +0100
From: 	EXT Renata Cruz Teixeira <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]

Dear Colleagues,

The MOOC "Internet Measurements: a Hands-on Introduction" will be 
available soon on the platform France UniversitÃ© NumÃ©rique. It will be 
taught by Timur Friedman from UPMC and Renata Teixeira from Inria.

This course is taught in English and will cover internet measurement 
basics, including network topology and routes; connectivity, losses, 
latency, and geolocation; bandwidth; and traffic measurements; with 
hands-on exercises on PlanetLab Europe.

This course is of interest to a wide range of people: system or network 
operators, designers of applications or services running over the 
internet or just curious end-users who would like to better diagnose 
problems.

The prerequisite for this course is a level of understanding of internet 
technology that comes  from an advanced undergraduate course or a first 
Masters course in networking, or equivalent professional experience.

Program:
Week 1 : Introduction
Week 2 : Topology and routes
Week 3 : Connectivity, losses, latency, and geolocation
Week 4 : Bandwidth
Week 5 : Traffic measurements

It will be available from May, 23, to June, 19, 2016.

Registrations are already open: 
https://www.fun-mooc.fr/courses/inria/41011/session01/about

Best,
Renata

-- 

Laurent Ciavaglia

Senior Research Manager

Bell Labs, Nokia

+33 160 402 636

Route de Villejust | 91620 Nozay | France

LinkedIn: laurentciavaglia <http://fr.linkedin.com/in/laurentciavaglia/>