Subject: [nmrg] Call for Presentations: NMRG Workshop on Measurement-Based Network Management, IETF Meeting, Berlin

From: Ramin Sadre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 10:40:35 +0200

Dear NMRG members,

[Apologies for possibly receiving multiple copies of this mail]

Call for Presentations
Workshop on Measurement-Based Network Management
(40th NMRG meeting)

Location: Berlin, Germany
Date:
  Planned to take place in the week of the IETF 96 meeting (17-22 July 2016)
  depending on the time slots granted to the NMRG. Otherwise, probably
  on Saturday, July 23rd.

Measurement-based approaches are widely used in network management, such as
for link monitoring, accounting and security. As in the previous years, the
goal of this workshop is to be a place where researchers, operators and
manufactures can exchange and discuss their experiences and ideas in the
usage of measurements for network management.

Topics of interest are new applications of measurements in the above
mentioned and other areas, practical experiences, and recent developments,
for example:
 - NetFlow/IPFIX and other flow technologies
 - measurements for security management
 - visualization of measurement data
 - measurement software and hardware projects and tools
 - measurements in software-defined networks
 - measurement-based management of specific environments, such as mobile networks
   or datacenters

Presentations typically last around 20 minutes (depending on the number of
accepted presentations), followed by discussion rounds.

To propose a presentation, please send a short abstract (15 lines) to the
workshop chairs Ramin Sadre ([email-masked]) and Ricardo de O. Schmidt
([email-masked]) by
     June 27th, 2016.

You might also be interested to take a look at the program and minutes of other
instances of the NMRG meetings and workshops:
  http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/wiki/NetworkManagementResearchGroup

On behalf of the workshop chairs.