Subject: [nmrg] NMRG workshop on Measurement-Based Network Management

From: Ramin Sadre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 15:45:59 +0200

Dear NMRG members,

As in previous years, we are organizing an NMRG workshop on measurement-based
network management, this time co-located with the upcoming IETF meeting in
Berlin (July 17-22).

You will notice that, based on the feedback from the audience, we have decided
to broaden the topic, as the strict focus on flow-based approaches of the past
workshops might not be able to catch the latest trends in measurement-based network
management.

The format of the workshop will be identical to previous years. We want the
workshop to be an opportunity for people to exchange and discuss their
experiences and ideas, with generally short presentations. Here are the
proceedings of the previous year:
   https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/93/nmrg.html

Before starting to distribute the call for presentations, we would like to request
your feedback, best by Monday EOD so we can proceed with the preparations as
soon as possible.

On behalf of the workshop chairs
   Ricardo de O. Schmidt (University of Twente)
   Ramin Sadre (Université catholique de Louvain)

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 16:23:18 +0200

On Fri, Jun 03, 2016 at 03:45:59PM +0200, Ramin Sadre wrote:

> Before starting to distribute the call for presentations, we would
> like to request your feedback, best by Monday EOD so we can proceed
> with the preparations as soon as possible.

I am generally interested in these measurement workshops so I support
the proposal. Since I am planning to attend the hackathon on Sat/Sun
before the IETF, it would be nice if the workshop does not collide
(but then it might just affect me or a few people). Perhaps Friday
morning could be an option.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>