Subject: [nmrg] Special Session @ IETF96: Managing Virtualized and Programmable Networks

From: Laurent Ciavaglia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 09:46:21 +0200

Dear NMRG,

We've been working with the chairs of the NFV and SDN research groups to 
organize a joint meeting at IETF96/Berlin on “Managing Virtualized and 
Programmable Networks”.
The call for proposals for what we expect to be a most interesting 
session is below.

Best regards, Lisandro and Laurent.

==========================================
*Managing Virtualized and Programmable Networks*

IETF96 – Berlin
Friday, July 22, 2016
Morning Session I (10am to 12:00noon)

Recognizing the opportunities for cross-fertilization and discussion of 
ideas between the Research Groups, the NFV, SDN and Network Management 
RGs are organizing a joint meeting in the week of IETF96 in Berlin.
The goal of the meeting is to investigate the problems, challenges, and 
gaps in the management and operations of programmable and virtualized 
networks in order to help develop a more comprehensive and insightful 
view of future networks.
In particular, we are interested in contributions which relates novel 
research ideas, achievements and experiences on:
      -Techniques and tools for the management and operation of NFV and 
SDN networks,
      -How virtualization and programmability impact network management 
and operations.
The meeting will be organized around a small set of presentations and 
will keep time to foster an exchange of ideas and a lively debate.

*Contributions are expected by Friday 1st July 2016, in the form of a 
short abstract.* You can send these to Lisandro and myself and we will 
liaise with the other RG chairs.

On behalf of the organizers,
     Kohei Shiomoto and Dan King, SDN RG co-chairs,
     Diego Lopez and Ramki Krishnan, NFV RG co-chairs,
     Lisandro Granville and Laurent Ciavaglia, NM RG co-chairs.
==========================================