Subject: [nmrg] Meeting on Autonomic Networking: Towards Industry Adoption - Call for Contributions

From: Laurent Ciavaglia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 12:32:39 +0200

Dear participants,

We would like to ensure that all presentations work towards a common 
objective: To understand and define how autonomic functionality can be 
designed, developed and standardized in a *phased* approach.

In this light, we are more interested in how we can "start small" and 
incrementally add functionalities, while ensuring that the "start small" 
approach doesn't block the way to a fully functional self-managing network.

In other words, how can we *incrementally* provide autonomic 
functionality, starting from a common minimal functional set, and ending 
in a fully self-managing network. A key question is: While designing an 
early phase (such as the ANIMA reference model) what do I need to 
consider *today* to ensure that later phases can build on it?

We would like to request your presentation therefore to not only show 
the final solution, but to focus on the steps required to get there. 
Even better if you could point out which are the bricks that need to be 
incorporated today.

If you would like to re-fine your presentation proposal, or even suggest 
a different presentation, please send a new short abstract.

We are looking forward to the workshop next week, and to the lively 
discussions we will have there!

Laurent, Pierre and Michael.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Meeting on Autonomic Networking: Towards Industry Adoption - 
Call for Contributions
Date: 	Fri, 3 Jun 2016 18:21:24 +0200
From: 	Laurent Ciavaglia <[email-masked]>
Organization: 	Bell Labs
CC: 	Pierre Peloso <[email-masked]>, Michael Behringer 
<[email-masked]>

Dear Colleagues,

This Call for Contributions might be of interest to you.

Thanks, best regards, Laurent.

************************
Autonomic Networking, Towards Industry Adoption**
**Tuesday 28 June 2016, 14:00 - 18:00**
**Meeting co-located with EuCNC 2016, Athens*

***********************
*Call for contributions*
Appreciating the presence of many academics and industry experts on 
Cognitive and Autonomic Networking at the EUCNC 2016, we are organizing 
a side meeting on Tuesday 28 June 2016 afternoon to foster an exchange 
of ideas, directions and approaches for industry adoption of Autonomic 
Networking.

The goal of the meeting is to work towards a common understanding of the 
Autonomic Networking architectures, a common nomenclature and 
understanding of "next steps" towards a unified Autonomic Networking model.

The meeting format is largely open, around some short presentations, 
with the majority of time for open discussions, panels, etc. We solicit 
suggestions for agenda items, such as short presentations, panel 
discussions, standardization, demonstrations and deployment experiences. 
The focus is on a small number of novel contributions, but more 
importantly, an open mind for live discussions, and a willingness to 
engage during the workshop.

*Contributions are expected by Friday 17 June 2016, in the form of a 
short abstract, stating the goal of the contribution, as well as the 
format (presentation, discussion, etc). *

Meeting information and materials are available at: 
http://wings-ict-solutions.eu/autonomic-networking-2016

On behalf of the organizers,
     Michael Behringer, Cisco Systems.
     Pierre Peloso and Laurent Ciavaglia, Nokia Bell Labs.

***********************

-- 

Laurent Ciavaglia

Nokia, Bell Labs

+33 160 402 636

route de Villejust - Nozay, France

linkedin.com/in/laurent.ciavaglia