Subject: [nmrg] 5G Management workshop 2nd Edition/ co-located with IM 2017

From: Laurent Ciavaglia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 17:20:18 +0200

Dear NMRG,

This CFP might be of interest to the NM community,

Thanks, best regards, Laurent.
---

  5G Man workshop 2^nd edition/ Call for Papers.

  http://www.5gman.org/index.html

5G is envisioned as the next generation of mobile networks. Several 
initiatives are taking place in Asia, America and Europe, such as the 
MOST (Ministry of Science & Technology) 5G project in China, the 5G 
forum formed in South Korea, the “2020 and beyond” Ad Hoc group in 
Japan, the 5G Infrastructure Public Private Partnership (5G PPP) in 
Europe, in addition to several standardization related activities. The 
emerging common features/requirements from these worldwide activities 
could be summarized as the following: faster data transfer rates, 
shorter latency, availability, security, lower costs and power 
consumption and high performance in fast mobility situations. Thus, 5G 
will be the place to deploy many new technologies. In particular, 5G 
networks are expected to rely massively on the most recent advances in 
Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization 
(NFV), hence offering the opportunity to build an open and innovative 
platform for communications and a novel brand gathering current and 
future network architectures, technologies and usage. Besides the need 
for an innovative 5G network architecture, effective and advanced 
network management architectures and techniques are also cornerstones to 
fulfil these requirements.

The main goal of this workshop is to present state-of-the-art research 
results and experience reports in the area of management of 5G networks, 
addressing topics such as management of SDN and NFV-based networks and 
services, advances in the management of cloud platforms, programmatic 
languages and abstractions applied to resources and service management, 
big data and analytics applied to management.

*IMPORTANT DATES *

Paper registration: *December 15th, 2017*

Paper submission: *December 19th, 2017*

Notification of acceptance: *January 30th, 2017*

Final version of papers due: *February 15th, 2017*

**

*TOPIC OF INTEREST*

Authors are invited to submit papers that fall into or are related to 
one or multiple topic areas listed below:

•  Analytics and big data approaches for managing 5G networks

•  Cognitive and autonomic management & orchestration/choreography

•  Metadata, data and information models and semantics

•  Programming abstractions for 5G networks

•  Policy-based management, including imperative, declarative (intent), 
and other paradigms

•  End-to-end mobile software networks architecture

•  Cloud Management, software-defined infrastructure, and NFV

•  Management architecture, building blocks, protocols and APIs for 5G 
networks, layers and systems

•  Operating system for networking in 5G Cloud computing and network 
virtualization technologies for RAN, backhaul and core

•  NFV architectures for 5G networks

•  Dynamic service placement and management

•  Dynamic Service Function Chaining

•  QoS and QoE new metrics in software-defined 5G networks

•  Recursive mobile network architectures

•  Advances in mobile network management and orchestration

•  Fronthaul and backhaul integration

•  Spectrum sharing

•  Emerging 5G standards

•  Economic drivers for the deployment of 5G Networks technologies

•  Evaluation, testbeds and management

•  Open Source tools for 5G Prototyping

•  Feedback on5G experimental testbed

*PAPER SUBMISSION*

Paper submissions must present original, unpublished research or 
experiences. Only original papers that have not been published or 
submitted for publication elsewhere can be submitted. Each submission 
must be written in English, accompanied by a 75 to 200 words abstract 
that clearly outlines the scope and contributions of the paper. There is 
a length limitation of 6 pages (including title, abstract, all figures, 
tables, and references) for regular conference papers, and 4 pages for 
short papers describing work in progress. Submissions must be in IEEE 
2-column style. Self-plagiarized papers will be rejected without further 
review. Authors should submit their papers via JEMS: 
https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/5gman2017

*PROCEEDINGS*

Papers accepted for 5GMan2017, will be included in the conference 
proceedings, IEEE Xplore, IFIP database and EI Index. IFIP and IEEE 
reserve the right to remove any paper from the IFIP database and IEEE 
Xplore if the paper is not presented at the workshop. Awards will be 
presented to the best paper.

*WORKSHOP ORGANIZERS AND CO-CHAIRS *

Imen Grida Ben Yahia, Orange Labs, France

Roberto Riggio, CREATE-NET, Italy

*WORKSHOP STEERING COMMITTEE *

Imen Grida Ben Yahia, Orange Labs, France [email-masked]

Roberto Riggio, CREATE-NET, Italy [email-masked]

John Strassner, Huawei Technologies, USA [email-masked]

Younghan Kim, Soongsil Univerity, Korea, [email-masked]

Christian Esteve Rothenberg, University of Campinas, 
[email-masked]