Subject: [nmrg] CfP: IEEE/IFIP IM 2017 DISSECT (Workshop on Security) - Deadline: Dec. 15th, 2016

From: Jérôme François <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2016 20:16:31 +0100

[Apologies for cross and multiple postings]

**********************************************************************

               3rd IEEE/IFIP  International Workshop on               
   Security for Emerging Distributed Network Technologies (DISSECT)  

                   http://www.dissect.vcu.edu/2017/
<http://www.dissect.vcu.edu/2017/>                   

                     In conjunction with IEEE/IFIP                    
  International Symposium on Integrated Network Management (IM 2017)  

                  Lisbon, Portugal, 8 or 12 MAY 2017                  

 * Paper Registration: December 15th, 2016
 * Paper Submission: December 19th, 2016

**********************************************************************

***  Authors of selected papers will be  invited to submit an extended
version  to  a Special Issue of the  International  Journal on Network
Management (http://goo.gl/4tIMhV) ***

Emerging  open   networking  technologies   and  paradigms,   such  as
Software-Defined  Networking,  Network  Function  Virtualization,  and
Programmable   Networks,   are   reshaping  the   way   networks   are
designed, deployed, and  managed. The benefits are manifold, including
an unprecedented flexibility for network operation and management, and
a favorable environment for delivering innovative network applications
and  services. However,  this  paradigm shift  brings  a multitude  of
security  challenges that  have to  be addressed  in order  to provide
secure,  trustworthy, and  privacy-preserving  data communication  and
network  services. Addressing  these challenges  may require  not only
revisiting existing solutions (e.g.,  for intrusion detection, privacy
preserving, and resilience against  attacks), but also designing novel
security and  resilience schemes  tailored to  the specific  design of
open networking technologies and infrastructures.

DISSECT 2017 will put focus  on security issues and challenges arising
with  the emergence  of novel  networking technologies  and paradigms,
towards a  secure and integrated management  in the cloud and  5G era.
The workshop  will shed  light on new  challenges and  present current
research on the various security aspects of next-generation networking
technologies and service management frameworks.

DISSECT   will  offer   a  venue   for  bringing   together  students,
researchers,  and professionals  from  academia  and industry  sharing
common  interest  on security  challenges related to  the  design  and
management of the distributed networks and infrastructures. DISSECT is
intended to (1)  discussing these challenges as well  as future trends
on  security  management,  (2) present  and  discuss  work-in-progress
security-related  research  on   cutting-edge  technologies,  and  (3)
strengthening collaboration and research ties among peers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Topics of Interest:

In this  workshop, the research  community from industry  and academia
will  be  invited to  contribute  with  manuscripts describing  novel,
work-in-progress  research  on the  design  of  solutions to  relevant
security  issues  on a  wide  variety  of next  generation  networking
technologies. The topics of interest  of the workshop include, but are
not limited to

- Secure  and  resilient  design and  deployment  of  open  networking
technologies
- Privacy-preserving solutions
- Security models and threats
- Security and privacy properties and policies
- Verification and enforcement of security properties
- Trust and identity management
- NFV- based security functions and services
- Security   of   software-defined   infrastructures,  protocols   and
interfaces
- Threat modeling       
- Security and availability management
- Security for Internet of Things
- Intrusion detection, tolerance, and prevention
- Network forensics and auditing
- Detection and resilience against large-scale distributed attacks
- Security of programmable components
- Security-related business and legal aspects
- Security challenges and trends for open networking technologies
- Secure programmable data plane

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Author Instructions:

All submitted  papers must  present original, unpublished  research or
experiences. Papers  under review elsewhere  must not be  submitted to
the workshop.  All contributions must  be submitted in PDF  format via
https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/im2017_dissect2017
<https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/im2017_dissect2017> .

Each paper  must be limited to  6 pages using IEEE  2-column style and
will  be subject  to a  peer-review process.  Accepted papers  will be
published in the IEEE Xplore  Digital Library. Any paper not presented
in the workshop by one its authors will be withdrawn from IEEE Xplore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Important Dates:

- Paper Registration Deadline: December 15th,2016
- Paper Submission Deadline: December 19th, 2016
- Notification of Acceptance: January 30th, 2017
- Camera-Ready Papers: February 15th, 2017
- Workshop Day: 8 or 12 May 2017

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Workshop Co-Chairs:

- Carol Fung, Virginia Commonwealth  University,  USA
- Mohamed Faten Zhani, École de Technologie Supérieure, Canada
- Weverton Cordeiro, UFRGS, Brazil
- Jérôme François, Inria Nancy Grand Est, France