Subject: [nmrg] Workshop on 'Managing Networks of Things' - November 13th 2016 - Seoul - Co-located with IETF97

From: Laurent Ciavaglia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 10:53:17 +0100

Dear NMRG,

We would like to invite you to contribute and participate in the 
workshop on:

*Managing Networks of Things*
Sunday, November 13 2016, 13:00-17:00
Kensington Hotel Yoido
Workshop co-located with IETF97 meeting, Seoul, South Korea.
Workshop sponsored by the Wise-IoT project and IRTF NMRG.

Smart environments such as smart cities, smart buildings or smart homes 
experience an unprecedented growth in scale, functionality heterogeneity 
with the massive development of the Internet of Things (IoT).  Driven by 
vastly varying requirements and device capabilities, the networking 
technologies used in IoT solutions are fundamentally heterogeneous, 
spanning from wireless to wireline with very different communication 
characteristics.  In real world deployments, IoT networks are moreover 
often composed by the integration of different sub-networks with their 
respective legacies.  Consequently, the management of the networks 
connecting these devices has become quite complex and often a burden for 
the users and administrators.

This workshop is thus specially interested in the topics listed below:

  * Approaches for the enhanced control and management of IoT networks,
  * Network slicing management for heterogeneous IoT applications,
  * Approaches for more user-friendly security management in IoT networks,
  * IoT semantic inter-operability issues,
  * Automatic/self definition of IoT services composition or service chains,
  * Operational and deployment experiences of IoT networks,
  * IoT architectures supporting network management,
  * Experiences and lessons learned from large-scaled IoT pilot projects,
  * Network virtualization for IoT traffic,

Contributions should be submitted by Monday, November 6th 2016 via 
e-mail to:

  * Noel Crespi ([email-masked])
  * Gyu Myoung Lee ([email-masked])
  * JaeSeung Song ([email-masked])
  * Jaeho Kim ([email-masked])
  * Laurent Ciavaglia ([email-masked])

The workshop will take place on Sunday, November 13th at the Kensington 
Hotel Yoido, from 13:00 to 17:00.
The program will comprise a series of short presentations, with the 
majority of time for open discussions.
This event is sponsored by the the Wise-IoT <http://wise-iot.eu/> 
project, Illumine <http://illumine.wp.tem-tsp.eu> lab, and IRTF NMRG 
<https://irtf.org/nmrg>.
--

---

From: Laurent Ciavaglia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 15:31:04 +0100

Dear NMRG,

The agenda of the workshop and details on the location are 
attached/copied below for your convenience.

Looking forward to see you all in Seoul soon.

Best regards, Laurent.
---
*Managing Networks of Things workshop
**13 November 2016**
**13:00 ~ 17:00, Chelsea Hall 2F**
**Kensington Hotel, Yoido, Korea**
*
13:00 – 13:30 Registration & Welcome Message Laurent Ciavaglia (Nokia), 
JaeSeung Song (Sejong Univ.), Noel Crespi (Telecom Sud Paris)
13:30 – 13:50 Uses of CoAP in the context of Device Management Jamie 
Jimenez (Ericsson)
13:50 – 14:10 Distributed Data Management for Smart Home Overlay Zhen 
Cao (Huawei)
14:10 – 14:30 Networking Things with SD-LANs Laurent Ciavaglia (Nokia)
14:30 – 14:50 TBD TBD (Tsinghua Univ.)
14:50 – 15:30 Coffee Break Time
15:30 – 15:50 Towards knowledge centric networking Gyu Myong Lee (LJMU)
15:50 – 16:10 Global Smart Cities Interworking and Network issues 
JaeSeung Song (SJU)
16:10 ~ 16:30 Status of Smart Cities in Korea: Smart City testbeds based 
on IoT platform Sungchan Choi (KETI)
16:30 – 17:00 Wrap-up and Closing Conference Laurent Ciavaglia (Nokia)

Workshop Committee:
- Noel Crespi ([email-masked])
- Gyu Myoung Lee ([email-masked])
- JaeSeung Song ([email-masked])
- Jaeho Kim ([email-masked])
- Laurent Ciavaglia ([email-masked])

Sponsors: the Wise-IoT project, ILLUMINE and IRTF NMRG
• http://www.wise-iot.eu
• http://illumine.wp.tem-tsp.eu
• https://www.irtf.org

On 01/11/2016 10:53, Laurent Ciavaglia wrote:
> Smart environments such as smart cities, smart buildings or smart 
> homes experience an unprecedented growth in scale, functionality 
> heterogeneity with the massive development of the Internet of Things 
> (IoT).  Driven by vastly varying requirements and device capabilities, 
> the networking technologies used in IoT solutions are fundamentally 
> heterogeneous, spanning from wireless to wireline with very different 
> communication characteristics.  In real world deployments, IoT 
> networks are moreover often composed by the integration of different 
> sub-networks with their respective legacies.  Consequently, the 
> management of the networks connecting these devices has become quite 
> complex and often a burden for the users and administrators.
>
> The workshop will take place on Sunday, November 13th at the 
> Kensington Hotel Yoido, from 13:00 to 17:00.
> _______________________________________________
> nmrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/nmrg

-- 

Laurent Ciavaglia

Nokia, Bell Labs

+33 160 402 636

route de Villejust - Nozay, France

linkedin.com/in/laurent.ciavaglia