Subject: [nmrg] IEEE/IFIP NOMS 2018 - Call for Demos - Deadline is approaching: January 15, 2018

From: Rémi Badonnel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 14:09:34 +0100

**********************************************************************

*IEEE/IFIP NOMS 2018 Call for Demonstrations*

    The 16th IEEE/IFIP Network Operations
    and Management Symposium

   23-27 April 2018, Taipei, Taiwan
http://noms2018.ieee-noms.org/content/call-demos

*Submission deadline: January 15, 2018*

**********************************************************************

The  IEEE/IFIP  NOMS 2018  symposium  invites  proposals  for research
prototype demonstrations.  As a high-profile,  leading edge forum for
researchers  and  engineers  in  the  field  of  network  and service
management,  NOMS 2018   offers  a  unique   opportunity  to showcase
applications, engage with a highly skilled and innovating audience and
discuss emerging technologies and recent research prototypes  with key
thought leaders.

Demonstrations  showcasing  working  systems, innovative applications,
ground-breaking  ideas,  and  novel  concepts  related  to network and
service  management are  welcome.  In particular,  we  are seeking the
following types of contributions:

   - Demos  from  student authors about the concepts presented in their
     paper(s)
   - Demos from all other authors of accepted contributions in the main
     conference and workshops
   - Demos from faculty and academic research groups related to NOMS 2018
     key topics
   - Demos from industrial researchers

An award for the best demo will be presented at the NOMS 2018 closing 
ceremony.

Submission Guidelines

Prospective  contributors  are expected to turn  in a demo proposal in
the  form of a 2-page paper in IEEE conference double-column format,
preferably  incorporating  a  demo  system  architecture illustration.
Demo papers will be peer-reviewed and accepted papers will be included
in the electronic conference/workshops proceedings bundle provided to
NOMS 2018  delegates  and  will  be  subsequently  made  available via
IEEE Xplore.  Demo  papers should  be submitted through JEMS by January
15,  2018. The demo proposals will be reviewed by the NOMS 2018
program committee and will be approved based on availability of demo
space as well as on the following criteria:

   - Extent and significance of the research contribution
   - Potential impact on the audience
   - Quality of the proposed implementation
   - Presentation quality

At  least  one  author  of each accepted  demo proposal is required to
register for the NOMS 2018 main conference and present their demo at the
scheduled demo session(s).

Submit your proposal through JEMS 
<https://jems.sbc.org.br/home.cgi?c=2888> now.

Important Dates

   - *Submission deadline: January 15, 2018*
   - Acceptance notification: January 25, 2018
   - Camera ready: January 31, 2018

Demonstrations Co-Chairs

   - Remi Badonnel, Telecom Nancy, France
   - Sejun Song, UMKC, USA
   - Wen-Chih Peng, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
   - Mu-Chun Su, National Central University, Taiwan