Subject: [nmrg] IEEE/IFIP Man2Block 2018 - Last 7 days to submit

From: Jérôme François <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 22:37:22 +0100

[Apologies for cross and multiple postings]

======================================================================

IEEE/IFIP Man2Block 2018
International Workshop on Managing and Managed by Blockchain

Colocated with IEEE/IFIP NOMS 2018, 27 April 2018, Taipei, Taiwan

https://man2block.inria.fr

Paper registration: January 26, 2018
Paper submission: January 26, 2018
Notification to authors: February 28, 2018
Camera ready: March 16, 2018
Workshop date: April 27, 2018

======================================================================

The blockchain technologies and their ecosystem are growing at a high
pace. Starting from bitcoin, there are now numerous blockchain
technologies and applications, with new ones appearing every month.
Although all these innovations reside in cryptographic research and
developments, blockchain is firstly a distributed system. The
underlying infrastructure is blindly leveraged by blockchain
technologies whereas this arises serious concerns in terms of
scalability, quality-of-service, security and fault tolerance. Indeed,
monitoring and configuring such a distributed system without or with a
loosely control is naturally difficult. Even fully understanding and
predicting expected performance before a real deployment at large
scale is vital from a technical and business operations perspective.

Furthermore, blockchain is also a potential candidate to ease network
and service management. Indeed, many services over Internet rely on
pre-establish trust among entities which is hard to maintain at large
scale and which are thus the sources of many malfunctioning or the
targets of attacks. Among them, we can cite the naming services, the
distributed cloud management, resource sharing, the PKI management, or
even distributed policy management and accountability within a
sofwtarized network architecture.

Man2Block 2018 is a dedicated venue for bringing together students,
researchers and practitioners from academia and industry who share
common interests in the management and the use of the blockchain
infrastructure and smart contracts in network, system, service
operations and management. Theoretical approaches, practical
experimentations and papers highlighting future trends and challenges
are welcomed.

Authors are invited to submit original contributions (full and short
papers) that fall into the following list of topics of interest (not
exhaustive):
- Blockchain infrastructure management
- Security
- Monitoring and configuration
- Anomaly detection
- Resource provisioning
- Blockchain QoS and QoE
- Large-scale experimentation
- Smart contract management
- Auditing
- Threat assessment
- Privacy and anonymity
- PKI for blockchains
- Simulation and evaluation methodologies
- Analytics
- Attack design and mitigation
- Blockchain architectures

======================================================================
Venue: Man2Block will be held in conjunction with IEEE/IFIP Network
Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS) 2018 in Taipei, Taiwan, 27
April 2018

Submission Instructions: Prospective authors are invited to submit
original, unpublished works for publication in the IEEE NOMS 2018
proceedings and for presentation in the workshop. Papers under review
elsewhere must not be submitted to the workshop. Submissions must be
in IEEE 2-column style and have a maximum length of 6 pages (full
paper) or 4 pages (short paper). The accepted papers will be submitted
for publication in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library. Papers will be
withdrawn from IEEE Xplore in case the authors do not present their
paper at the workshop Submissions must be made in PDF format via:
https://jems.sbc.org.br/home.cgi?c=2939

======================================================================

Man2Block Workshop co-chairs:

Jérôme François, Inria Nancy Grand Est, France
Abdelkader Lahmadi, Université de Lorraine, France
Radu State, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Burkhard Stiller, University of Zurich, Switzerland