Subject: [nmrg] IEEE SOFTNETICS 2018 - Call for papers Deadline March 16 2018

From: Jérôme François <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2018 22:58:01 +0100

======================================================================

IEEE SOFTNETICS 2018
International Workshop on Softwarized Networks Analytics

Colocated with IEEE NetSoft 2018,
25-29 June 2018 – Montreal, Canada

http://softnetics.inria.fr/

Paper submission: March 16, 2018
Notification of acceptance: April 6, 2018
Camera ready: April 20, 2018
Workshop date: June 25 or 29, 2018

======================================================================

Thanks to enhanced programmability, all related networking
technologies promise a higher level of flexibility, a stronger
coupling between network and services, applications and users in
order to offer high-end and customized services. Softwarization of
network promotes innovation in telecommunication networks and
actually support , new methods and mechanisms have to be established
to fully take advantage of the offered capabilities. For example,
heuristic-based optimization techniques have proven to be successful
in deriving network policies to configurations of softwarized
network elements. In parallel, the big data era stimulates the use
of artificial intelligence, Machine Learning (ML) and data mining
techniques as well as the apparition of batch and streaming data
analytic frameworks and paradigms. Deep learning recently gains in
popularity and paves the way to more powerful application of ML to
various problems. Many areas can leverage all this type of analytics
to handle the data explosion phenomenon or increasing complexity of
problems to solve in an efficient and valuable way, as for example
to detect or even predict threats, decide on mitigation strategies,
provision resources for QoS, etc.

The objectives of advanced algorithms would be to support better
decisions for softwarized networks in a fully automated way or to
assist or guide human operators with strong and enhanced cooperation
with new visualisation approaches including virtual reality. There are
also important challenges to be addressed on how to efficiently collect
and process data of a softwarized network and even how to integrated
data from external sources in order to improve the derived knowledge.

Topics of interest: Authors are invited to submit original
contributions about technologies applied to softwarized networks that
falls into the following list of topics of interest (not exclusive
list). Both theoretical contributions as well as technical
developments and practical evaluations are in the scope of the
workshop:
- Data-Driven softwarization of networks
- Verification of softwarized networks
- Security analytics in SDN
- Large-scale monitoring in SDN and NFV
- Routing optimization Security policy configurations
- Analytics for QoS and QoE
- Analytics-oriented framework and architectures for networking
- Data-analytics integration in softwarized networks
- Optimization techniques
- New machine learning algorithms for softwarized networks
- Attack design and mitigation

======================================================================

Venue:
SOFTNETICS will be held in conjunction with IEEE Conference on
Network Softwarization (NetSoft) 2018 in Montreal, Canada

======================================================================
Submission Instructions:

Prospective authors are invited to submit original, unpublished works
for publication in the IEEE Netsoft 2018 proceedings and for
presentation in the workshop. Papers under review elsewhere must not
be submitted to the workshop. Submissions must be in IEEE 2-column
style and have a maximum length of 6 pages (full paper) or 4 pages
(short paper). Papers will be withdrawn from IEEE Xplore in case the
authors do not present their paper at the workshop

Submissions must be made in PDF format via:
https://jems.sbc.org.br/home.cgi?c=3006

======================================================================

Workshop co-chairs:

Jérôme François
Inria Nancy Grand Est, France

Shen Yan,
Huawei Technologies, China