Subject: [nmrg] Fwd: [Netsoft-list] last week to submit IEEE S4SI - Netsoft 2018

From: Christian Esteve Rothenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 09:38:44 -0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rafael Pasquini <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 8:01 AM
Subject: [Netsoft-list] last week to submit IEEE S4SI - Netsoft 2018
To: [email-masked]

IEEE Netsoft 2018 :: Workshop on Advances in Slicing for Softwarized
Infrastructures (S4SI)

The current industry trend of convergence between computing and
networking eco-systems highlights that computing, storage, and
connectivity services, as well as any other present and future
application instances, will be deployed in the form of virtualized
assets within a software-defined infrastructure running on top of
general-purpose processing and communication hardware. All of these
will be managed and made available under the cloud “As A Service”
paradigm. One of the current trends in this space is the concept of
Slicing. This has drawn much attention from many people interested in
this important and developing area.

The S4SI workshop addresses both the advances and challenges related
to Slicing in Softwarized Infrastructures for faster and improved
deployment of services in current and future 5G environments.

The advances and challenges are expected to be multiple, and there are
clearly many open questions that need to be addressed, including:

- What are the abstractions and models needed to endure slicing is
deployable in networks;
- What are the end-to-end issues that need to be addressed to allow
slicing everywhere;
- How do the existing technologies of computing, networking, and
storage, become elements of a slice, and how are they managed in this
context;
- Is it better to adapt existing components to support slicing, or is
it better to design new ones.

S4SI aims at providing an international forum for researchers and
practitioners from academia, industry, network operators, and service
providers to discuss and address the challenges deriving from such
emerging scenario where systems, processes, and workflows used in both
computing and communications domains are converging. The workshop
welcomes contributions from both computing and network-oriented
research communities, with the aim of facilitating discussion,
cross-fertilization and exchange of ideas and practices, and
successfully promote innovative solutions toward a real use of slices.
Contributions that discuss lessons learnt and best practices, describe
practical Slicing deployment and implementation experiences, and
demonstrate innovative Slicing use-cases are especially encouraged for
presentation and publication.

We are interested in papers that cover any  of the following topics:

- Concept and Modelling of Slices
- Creation and termination of Slices
- Impact of slicing on 5G networks
- Cross-domain requirements and facilities for Slicing
- Issues in adapting existing systems to support Slicing
- End-to-end Slicing
- Management of slices
- Allocation, deallocation and elasticity of Slices
- QoS / QoE in the context of Slicing
- Monitoring systems for Slicing
- Analytics and big data processing for Slicing

*** Important Dates ***

*****- Workshop Paper Submission: 16 March, 2018*****
- Notification of Acceptance: 6 April, 2018
- Camera-ready Submission: 20 April, 2018

*** Paper Submission ***

Authors are invited to submit original contributions (written in
English) in PDF format. Only original papers not published or
submitted for publication elsewhere can be submitted. Papers are up to
9 pages and should be in IEEE 2-column US-Letter style using IEEE
Conference template (see
http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html)
and submitted in PDF format via JEMS at
https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/home.cgi?c=3007

*** S4SI TPC Chairs ***

- Rafael Pasquini ([email-masked])
- Steven Latre ([email-masked])

*** S4SI Organising Committee ***

- Christian Esteve Rothenberg ([email-masked])
- Joan Serrat ([email-masked])
- Rafael Pasquini ([email-masked])
- Stuart Clayman ([email-masked])

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Network Softwarization  - Mailing List (Software Defined
Infrastructures for Networks, Clouds, IoT and Services)
[email-masked]
http://mailman.ee.ucl.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/netsoft-list