Subject: [nmrg] CFP: IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering - Special Issue on Intelligent Network Management- deadline extended to 06/30/2018

From: "Liushucheng (Will Liu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 08:49:19 +0000

Sorry if you received duplicated emails.

The official link of CFP: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/societyimages/tnse-cs/CFP_SI_Intelligent%20Network%20Management%20ext.pdf

Copied below.

CALL FOR PAPERS
IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering
Special Issue on Intelligent Network Management
Submission deadline extended to 06/30/2018
GUEST EDITORS:
Xiangtong Qi, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
SAR, Email: [email-masked]
Farid (Fred) Feisullin, NFV/SDN Principal Architect of Verizon, USA, Email:
[email-masked]
Yong Li, Tsinghua University, China, Email: [email-masked]
Shucheng Liu, Huawei Technology Co., Ltd. China, Email: [email-masked]
Xavi Masip-Bruin, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), Spain, Email:
[email-masked]
TOPIC SUMMARY:
With the development of IT technology, communication networks have been evolving
from a medium of data exchange to a platform providing diverse services. Recently,
operators have started to explore how to use Artificial Intelligence (AI) to simplify,
optimize and intelligently assist with network management and control to reduce
operational costs and to improve performance and user experience. Recent
breakthroughs from big data technology have accelerated this interest.
In general, such AI technologies will enable operators to gain a deeper understanding
of the network dynamics and enable more accurate forecasts of network trends. While it
is important to gain such knowledge, the more challenging question is how to apply
such knowledge to improve the network performance, i.e., to improve planning and
operating decisions for managing the network. This is not straightforward for many
reasons. For example, current decision making models were not developed for using
such knowledge, and efforts made to gain and apply such knowledge is at an early stage.
Additionally, forecasts based on such knowledge have a shelf life, and may become
invalid after network operating policies are changed. For example, users may adjust
their demand patterns in response to network changes. Therefore, new methods are
needed for implementing intelligent network management. A three stage closed loop
model is needed to uncover useful patterns through: 1) closely observing the network, 2)
forecasting network trends, 3) applying the knowledge gained to improve the network.
Addressing the above challenge involves knowledge and skills from different
disciplines, spanning from AI, networking, optimization, game theory, and so on. This
special issue (SI) calls for research on intelligent network management. While the
scope of intelligence application can be broadly defined as network performance
analysis and forecasting, we are especially interested in network operational functions
such as capacity planning, resource provisioning, routing, faulty recovery, etc. We
welcome theoretical work for building scientific foundations, as well as cases of
specific applications to demonstrate the potential.
The topics of interest for this SI include, but are not limited to:
 Modelling and representing policies, intents, knowledge
 Mechanism design of the policy, intent, and knowledge management system
 Model Checking and Verification of the policy, intent, and knowledge system
 Resolution and Optimization for policies and intents
Composition of knowledge and decomposition of policies and intents
 Application of AI techniques, such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Logic
Programming, etc., for prediction, decision, and self-evolution of the network.
 Reinforcement learning based resource allocation and control
 Knowledge driven routing
 Knowledge driven network control
 Knowledge driven network slicing
 Knowledge driven fault diagnosis and recovery
Important Dates
 Manuscripts due: 05/30/2018 extended to 06/30/2018
 Peer reviews to authors: 08/31/2018
 Revised manuscripts due: 10/31/2018
 Second-round reviews to authors: 12/30/2018
 Final accepted manuscript due: 2/28/2019
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
Prospective authors are invited to submit their manuscripts electronically, adhering to
the IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering guidelines
(http://www.computer.org/portal/web/TNSE/author). Note that the page limit is the
same as that of regular papers. Please submit your papers through the online system
(https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tnse-cs) and be sure to select the special issue or
special section name. Manuscripts should not be published or currently submitted for
publication elsewhere. Please submit only full papers intended for review, not
abstracts, to the ScholarOne portal. If requested, abstracts should be sent by e-mail to
the Guest Editors directly.

Regards,
Will LIU