Subject: [nmrg] New IEEE Communications Magazine Series on Telecom Software, Network Virtualization, and Software Defined Networks

From: "Ciavaglia, Laurent (Nokia - FR/Paris-Saclay)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 07:29:55 +0000

Dear NMRG,

IEEE Communications Magazine has started a new series on Telecom Software, Network Virtualization, and Software Defined Networks.

Kohei, one of the Series Editors, kindly asked me to forward the open call for papers (cf. below).

This series might be relevant to the work of the RG.

Best regards, Laurent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                              CALL FOR PAPERS

                                    IEEE Communications Magazine Series on
                        Telecom Software, Network Virtualization, and Software Defined Networks

        (https://www.comsoc.org/commag/cfp/telecom-software-network-virtualization-and-software-defined-networks)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The key  role  software is  increasingly playing in Telecommunications is enabling unprecedented levels of abstraction,
disaggregation,   and   programmability  in  network   infrastructures  and  services. This  gave  birth  to  the trend
of "network softwarization" that advocates for network  architectures that  separate  the software implementing network
functions, protocols and services from the hardware running them.

Propelled  by  the  maturity  of technologies  like  network  function virtualization, and software-defined networking,
software-based  networking  is  radically  changing  the  way  communication infrastructures are designed,  programmed,
integrated  and  operated. This enables rapid and innovative service creation with easy deployment, and  opens the door
for a faster pace of innovation in the networking and ICT industry.

Underpinning this global trend, this IEEE Communications Magazine Series aims at bringing together the latest advances,
technical  innovations, open  source projects, research, and  development in Telecom  Software, Network Virtualization,
and  Software Defined Networks. Contributions from industry  and  academia  are  welcome. Authors are invited to submit
manuscripts in all topics within the scope of this Series including,  but  not  limited  to,  the  following aspects of
software-based networking:

- Software-based    network   architectures/infrastructures,   network   slicing,   network   function  virtualization,
and service function chaining.
- Network operating systems, network  functions, interfaces,  deployment  and  integration with software-based control,
management and orchestration.
- Programmability of data, control and management planes.
- Performance measurements, evaluation and monitoring, validation and debugging.
- Scalability, elasticity, resilience, maintainability.
- Safety and security.
- Experience reports from experimental testbeds, software-based networks standards, open-source projects and solutions.
- New  and  emerging topics (e.g.,  end-to-end   and  multi-domain  software-based  networks;  Artificial Intelligence-
assisted networks; high precision network software, infrastructures  and  services  with QoS guarantees).

The IEEE Communications Magazine (ComMag) is a flagship publication of the IEEE Communications Society and the world's
top-ranked magazine in Telecommunications with an Impact Factor (IF) of 10.435 and a Five-Year IF of 9.119.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SERIES EDITORS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Walter Cerroni, University of Bologna, Italy, [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
- Alex Galis, University College London, United Kingdom, [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
- Kohei Shiomoto, Tokyo City University, Japan, [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
- Mohamed Faten Zhani, École de Technologie Supérieure (ÉTS Montreal), Canada, [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

Series editors could be contacted at [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Papers  can  be submitted  anytime  during the year.  They will receive a review process, and if accepted, they will be
published in the first slot available for this Series.

Manuscripts    must    be    submitted    through    the    magazine's   submissions   Website  available  at
http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/commag-ieee.  You  will  need  to  register  and  then  proceed  to  the author center.
On the manuscript details page,   please   select   "Telecom  Software, Network Virtualization,  and  Software  Defined
Networks Series" from  the  drop-down  menu.  Manuscripts  should  be tutorial in nature and should not be under review
for any other conference  or journal. They should be written in  a  style  comprehensible  and  accessible  to  readers
outside  the  specialty  of  the  article.  Mathematical  equations  should  not  be  used.  For  detailed   submission
guidelines, please  refer  to  the  magazine  website   for  the  list  of  guidelines  that  must be followed  by  all
submissions to the IEEE Communications Magazine: https://www.comsoc.org/commag/paper-submission-guidelines

For more information please check the following link:
https://www.comsoc.org/commag/cfp/telecom-software-network-virtualization-and-software-defined-networks