Subject: [nmrg] My first standard if needed

From: Todd Hubers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 14:19:54 +1100

Hi Laurent,

Please see my problem statement attached - "The Missing Broadband
Information Problem"

To distil it down - *consumers are still being overcharged for internet
usage because of varying contracts as they move between different networks
(fixed, wireless, personal, friends, public)*.

I have looked through the data tracker a few times, and had some early help
from Terry Manderson and Narelle Clark. Today, I found the RGs, and this
particular WG - "Network Management" seems like the best starting
point: "...as well as customer-oriented management services..." (from
https://datatracker.ietf.org/rg/nmrg/about/)

*1. I would like to get heavily involved in solving the problem. Where do I
start? *

I have also attached "ISP Information Request API". I understand that a
"run at a solution" is frowned upon. I hope some might find this document
useful to further elaborate on i) the problem I'm thinking of using
technical terms; ii) a starting point for discussion of a solution; and
iii) demonstrating the potential overlap of Areas and Working Groups
possibly helping with problems in other areas. I have CC'd other groups
that may be relevant.

*2. I intend to engage with the Bangkok forum remotely, so if there are any
times that I can meet anyone from the TO and CC groups via Skype in that
time, that would be appreciated.*

Thanks,

-- 
--
Todd Hubers