Subject: [nmrg] CFP IEEE/IFIP Man2Block 2019 - submission deadline 15/12

From: Jérôme François <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 23:18:14 +0200

================================================================================

IEEE/IFIP Man2Block 2019
International Workshop on Managing and Managed by Blockchain

Co-located with IFIP/IEEE IM 2019, 12 April 2019, Washington DC, USA

https://man2block.inria.fr

Paper submission: December 15, 2018
Notification to authors: January 25, 2019
Camera ready: February 8, 2019
Workshop date: April 12, 2019

================================================================================

Blockchains and their ecosystem are growing at a high pace. Starting from Bitcoin,
there exist by now numerous blockchain approaches and applications, with new ones
appearing every month. Although many of these innovations reside in cryptographic
research and developments, at first blockchains are distributed systems.
The underlying infrastructure is blindly leveraged by blockchains, whereas this
arises serious concerns in terms of scalability, quality-of-service, security,
and fault tolerance. Indeed, monitoring and configuring such a distributed system
without or with a loosely control is naturally difficult. Also, a full understanding
and prediction of expected performance before a real deployment at large scale
is vital from a technical and business operations perspective.

Furthermore, a blockchain also serves as a potential candidate to ease network
and service management. Indeed, many services over the Internet rely on
pre-established
trust among entities, which is hard to maintain at a large scale and which is, thus,
the sources of many malfunctioning or targets of attacks. Among them are naming
services,
distributed cloud management, resource sharing, PKI management, or distributed policy
management and accountability within a softwarized network architecture.

Man2Block 2018 is a dedicated venue for bringing together students, researchers
and practitioners from academia and industry who share common interests in the
management and the use of the blockchain infrastructure and smart contracts in
network, system, service operations and management. Theoretical approaches,
practical experimentations and papers highlighting future trends and challenges
are welcomed.

Authors are invited to submit original contributions (full and short papers)
that fall into the following list of topics of interest (not exhaustive):
- Blockchain infrastructure management
- Security of blockchains
- Monitoring and configuration of blockchains
- Blockchains anomaly detection
- Resource provisioning for blockchains
- Blockchain QoS and QoE
- Blockchain large-scale experimentation
- Smart contracts and their management
- Blockchain auditing
- Blockchain threat assessment
- Privacy and anonymity in blockchains
- PKI for blockchains
- Blockchain simulation and evaluation methodologies
- Blockchain analytics
- Blockchains attack design and mitigation
- Blockchain architectures

================================================================================
Venue: Man2Block will be held in conjunction with IFIP/IEEE International Symposium
on Integrated Network Management (IM) 2019 in Washington DC, USA, 12 April 2019

Submission Instructions: Authors are invited to submit original,
unpublished works for publication in the IEEE IM 2019 proceedings and for
presentation in the workshop. Papers under review elsewhere must not be
submitted to the workshop. Submissions must be in IEEE 2-column style and have a
maximum length of 6 pages (full paper) or 4 pages (short paper). The accepted
papers will be submitted for publication in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
Papers will be withdrawn from IEEE Xplore in case the authors do not present
their paper at the workshop Submissions must be made in PDF format via:
https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/home.cgi?c=3193

================================================================================

Man2Block Workshop co-chairs
Jérôme François, Inria Nancy Grand Est, France
Abdelkader Lahmadi, Université de Lorraine, France
Radu State, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Burkhard Stiller, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Thomas Bocek, HSR Hochschule für Technik Rapperswil, Switzerland