Subject: [nmrg] [NetSoft 2019] Call for Papers --> Last Days to register and submit a paper

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 15:09:12 +0100

Deadline will close on December 17, 2018.

Please register/submit your paper from now on!

****************************************************************************
****

                                 Call for Papers

                                IEEE NetSoft 2019

            The 5th IEEE International Conference on Network Softwarization

                    "Unleashing the Power of Network Softwarization"

                         June 24-28, 2019 - Paris, France

                             http://ieee-netsoft.org

****************************************************************************
****

The 5th  IEEE  International Conference on Network Softwarization (NetSoft
2019) 

will be held on June 24-28, 2019 in Paris, France. IEEE NetSoft has been
created

as  a  flagship  conference  aiming  at  addressing "Softwarization" of
networks 

and  systemic  trends  concerning  the convergence of Cloud Computing,
Software-

Defined Networking (SDN), and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV).  

*** Scope ***

*************

Over the  years, software has become the core value provider in the
telecommuni-

cations industry. Boosted by scientific breakthrough, continuous  innovation
and

stringent requirements for  new  services, the telecommunications
transformation 

is  on  track  and  filled  with  opportunities. The supporting technologies
are 

maturing  at  great  pace  and  softwarization  is recognized as a major
enabler 

by many standardization efforts and industrial initiatives.

This  trend will be reflected in  NetSoft 2019 in the various topics of
interest 

under  the  theme  "Unleashing  the  power  of  network  softwarization" and
the 

conference  will serve as a forum to discuss the latest advances in this
area in

both industry and academia related. 

*** Topics of interest ***

**************************

NetSoft  2019  will  feature technical paper presentations, keynotes,
tutorials, 

demos and exhibitions from world-leading experts representing service
providers, 

vendors,  research institutes, open source projects, and academia.
Additionally, 

topical  workshops  will be co-located so various call for proposals are
issued. 

The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

- Programmable SDN and NFV: languages, architectures, environments

- Softwarized cloud, fog, and edge infrastructures

- Cognitive and autonomic networking

- Network slicing and slice management

- Mobility management in software networks

- Policy-based and Intent-Based Networking 

- Centralized vs Distributed control, management & orchestration

- Abstractions and virtualization of resources, services, and functions

- Service Function Chaining 

- Container/microservice-based network functions

- Efficient network/service monitoring in SDN/NFV

- AI techniques to support network automation

- Analytics and big data approaches for managing softwarized networks

- QoS and QoE in softwarized infrastructures

- Resilience, reliability, and robustness of softwarized networks

- Cooperative multi-party, multi-domain, multi-tenant SDN/NFV environments

- Security, Safety, Trust and Privacy support in virtualized environments

- SDN switch/router architecture and design

- Dynamic   resource   discovery   mechanisms   and  service
parameter/resource 

negotiation schemes

- APIs, protocols, and languages for programmable networks

- Lifecycle management of network software

- DevOps methodologies for network softwarization

- Debugging and introspection of software-defined virtualized systems

- Service fulfillment assurance systems in SDN/NFV environments

- Softwarized platforms for Internet of Things (IoT)

- Energy efficient and green software-defined infrastructures (SDI)

- Transition strategies from existing networks to SDN/NFV

- New service models and paradigms enabled by softwarization

- New value chains and business models

- Socio-economic impact and regulatory implications for softwarization

- Experience reports from experimental testbeds and deployments

*** Paper Submissions ***

*************************

Authors are  invited to submit  original  English-written  contributions  in
PDF

format.  Only  original  papers  not  published  or  submitted  for
publication 

elsewhere  can  be  submitted. Papers can be of  two types: full (up to 9
pages) 

or  short  (up to 5 pages)  papers. Full Papers accepted as short Papers
will be 

required to be reduced to 5 pages. 

Papers should be in IEEE 2-column US-Letter style using IEEE Conference
template

(see https://goo.gl/osSfEF). Only  PDF  files  will  be  accepted for the
review 

process  and  all  manuscripts  must  be electronically submitted  through
EDAS: 

https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=25363

Papers exceeding these limits, multiple submissions, and self-plagiarized
papers

will  be  rejected  without further review. All submitted papers will be
subject 

to a peer-review process. At least one author of each accepted paper is
required 

to  register  to  the NetSoft 2019 main conference to have their paper
published 

in  the  conference  proceedings.  The paper must be presented at the
conference 

by one author to be submitted for publication in IEEE Xplore.

Important: NetSoft 2019  is  enforcing  a  strict publication and no-show
policy 

as  stated  by  IEEE.  Please  check  details on the NetSoft 2019 website.

More details about submissions are available at
http://ieee-netsoft.org/authors 

*** Important dates ***

***********************

- Paper submission deadline:         December 17, 2018 New date!  

- Acceptance notification:            March 8, 2019 

- Camera-ready Papers:              April 5, 2019

Please register your paper at your earliest convenience on EDAS.

*** TPC Co-Chairs ***

*********************

Prosper Chemouil, Orange Labs (retired), France

Flavio Esposito, Saint Louis University, USA

Olivier Festor, TELECOM Nancy, France

*** General Co-Chairs ***

*************************

Filip De Turck, Ghent University, Belgium

Christian Jacquenet, Orange Labs, France

********

Website: http://ieee-netsoft.org