Subject: [nmrg] NetSoft2019-deadline extended to the 7th of January (firm deadline)

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 22:25:33 +0000

Dear all,
The deadline for NetSoft 2019 is extended to the 7th of January 2019, firm deadline.

********************************************************************************
                                 Call for Papers
                                IEEE NetSoft 2019

            The 5th IEEE International Conference on Network Softwarization
                    "Unleashing the Power of Network Softwarization"

                         June 24-28, 2019 - Paris, France
                             http://ieee-netsoft.org

********************************************************************************

The 5th  IEEE  International Conference on Network Softwarization (NetSoft 2019)
will be held on June 24-28, 2019 in Paris, France. IEEE NetSoft has been created
as  a  flagship  conference  aiming  at  addressing "Softwarization" of networks
and  systemic  trends  concerning  the convergence of Cloud Computing, Software-
Defined Networking (SDN), and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV).

*** Scope ***
*************
Over the  years, software has become the core value provider in the telecommuni-
cations industry. Boosted by scientific breakthrough, continuous  innovation and
stringent requirements for  new  services, the telecommunications transformation
is  on  track  and  filled  with  opportunities. The supporting technologies are
maturing  at  great  pace  and  softwarization  is recognized as a major enabler
by many standardization efforts and industrial initiatives.

This  trend will be reflected in  NetSoft 2019 in the various topics of interest
under  the  theme  "Unleashing  the  power  of  network  softwarization" and the
conference  will serve as a forum to discuss the latest advances in this area in
both industry and academia related.

*** Topics of interest ***
**************************
NetSoft  2019  will  feature technical paper presentations, keynotes, tutorials,
demos and exhibitions from world-leading experts representing service providers,
vendors,  research institutes, open source projects, and academia. Additionally,
topical  workshops  will be co-located so various call for proposals are issued.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

- Programmable SDN and NFV: languages, architectures, environments
- Softwarized cloud, fog, and edge infrastructures
- Cognitive and autonomic networking
- Network slicing and slice management
- Mobility management in software networks
- Policy-based and Intent-Based Networking
- Centralized vs Distributed control, management & orchestration
- Abstractions and virtualization of resources, services, and functions
- Service Function Chaining
- Container/microservice-based network functions
- Efficient network/service monitoring in SDN/NFV
- AI techniques to support network automation
- Analytics and big data approaches for managing softwarized networks
- QoS and QoE in softwarized infrastructures
- Resilience, reliability, and robustness of softwarized networks
- Cooperative multi-party, multi-domain, multi-tenant SDN/NFV environments
- Security, Safety, Trust and Privacy support in virtualized environments
- SDN switch/router architecture and design
- Dynamic   resource   discovery   mechanisms   and  service  parameter/resource
negotiation schemes
- APIs, protocols, and languages for programmable networks
- Lifecycle management of network software
- DevOps methodologies for network softwarization
- Debugging and introspection of software-defined virtualized systems
- Service fulfillment assurance systems in SDN/NFV environments
- Softwarized platforms for Internet of Things (IoT)
- Energy efficient and green software-defined infrastructures (SDI)
- Transition strategies from existing networks to SDN/NFV
- New service models and paradigms enabled by softwarization
- New value chains and business models
- Socio-economic impact and regulatory implications for softwarization
- Experience reports from experimental testbeds and deployments

*** Paper Submissions ***
*************************
Authors are  invited to submit  original  English-written  contributions  in PDF
format.  Only  original  papers  not  published  or  submitted  for  publication
elsewhere  can  be  submitted. Papers can be of  two types: full (up to 9 pages)
or  short  (up to 5 pages)  papers. Full Papers accepted as short Papers will be
required to be reduced to 5 pages.

Papers should be in IEEE 2-column US-Letter style using IEEE Conference template
(see https://goo.gl/osSfEF). Only  PDF  files  will  be  accepted for the review
process  and  all  manuscripts  must  be electronically submitted  through EDAS:
https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=25363

Papers exceeding these limits, multiple submissions, and self-plagiarized papers
will  be  rejected  without further review. All submitted papers will be subject
to a peer-review process. At least one author of each accepted paper is required
to  register  to  the NetSoft 2019 main conference to have their paper published
in  the  conference  proceedings.  The paper must be presented at the conference
by one author to be submitted for publication in IEEE Xplore.

Important: NetSoft 2019  is  enforcing  a  strict publication and no-show policy
as  stated  by  IEEE.  Please  check  details on the NetSoft 2019 website.

More details about submissions are available at  http://ieee-netsoft.org/authors

*** Important dates ***
***********************
- Paper submission deadline:   January 7, 2019 Hard Deadline!
- Acceptance notification:           March 8, 2019
- Camera-ready Papers:               April 5, 2019

Please register your paper at your earliest convenience on EDAS.

*** TPC Co-Chairs ***
*********************
Prosper Chemouil, Orange Labs (retired), France
Flavio Esposito, Saint Louis University, USA
Olivier Festor, TELECOM Nancy, France

*** General Co-Chairs ***
*************************
Filip De Turck, Ghent University, Belgium
Christian Jacquenet, Orange Labs, France

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.