Subject: [nmrg] ICCCN 2019: Track on SDN/NFV

From: Christian Esteve Rothenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2019 07:31:17 -0300

[Apologies for duplicates]

---------------------------------
Call For Papers
---------------------------------
(ICCCN 2019) The 28th International Conference on Computer
Communications and Networks, July 29 - August 1, 2019, Valencia,
Spain.
URL: http://icccn.org/icccn19/

ICCCN 2019 is technically co-sponsored by IEEE Communications Society.

Track on Software Defined Networks and Network Virtualization
Technologies (SDN/NFV)

---------------------
Track Description:

Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization
(NFV) are key enablers of an unprecedented paradigm shift, which is
impacting deeply Telecom and ICT industries and ultimately leads to
their full convergence. By separating control and data planes and
decoupling network functionalities from purpose-built equipment, the
trend in network softwarization has the potential of efficiently
handling heterogeneous resources, spanning networks and data center
domains, and easily and flexibly deploying new services.

Software-Defined Infrastructures (SDI) are conducive to intriguing
opportunities in novel network architectures, management frameworks,
advanced networking and computing services, while raising outstanding
challenges in security, scalability, reliability. Considered the game
changer for the deployment of fifth-generation (5G) systems, SDN and
NFV are expected to deliver end-to-end sliced softwarized
infrastructures to dramatically transform vertical industries, such as
automotive, energy, healthcare, city management, manufacturing.

This track is aimed to encourage fruitful discussion of core
challenges and proposals towards the realization of SDN and NFV, both
from theoretical and practical perspectives, welcoming
work-in-progress as well as consolidated research results.

Track Topics

Software-Defined Infrastructures (SDI)
SDN/NFV architecture and implementation
SDN/NFV standardization updates
SDN/NFV orchestration and management frameworks
SDN testing approaches
SDN/NFV application scenarios (e.g., IoT, smart cities, automotive,
industry 4.0)
SDN/NFV enablers for fog/mobile edge computing
SDN/NFV in 5G systems
SDN/NFV enablers for network slicing
SDN/NFV "as-a-Service" paradigms
SDN/NFV in multi-domain scenarios
SDN/NFV optimization algorithms
SDN/NFV interplay with machine learning and artificial intelligence
SDN/NFV modeling and performance analysis
SDN/NFV security analysis and design
SDN/NFV emulation/simulation/experimental platforms and testing approaches
SDN/NFV pilots

Important Dates:
Paper Submission Due: March 13, 2019
Acceptance Notification: May 03, 2019
All Camera-Ready Papers Due: May 17, 2019
Submission Link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icccn2019

Track Chairs:

Claudia Campolo, Universita Mediterranea di Reggio Calabria, Italy,
[email-masked]
Christian Esteve Rothenberg, University of Campinas, Brasil,
[email-masked]

TPC List:

Baldomero Coll Perales, Universidad Miguel Hernandez de Elche, Spain
M. Carmen Lucas-Estan, Universidad Miguel Hernandez de Elche, Spain
Giuseppe Milotta, University Mediterranea of Reggio Calabria, Italy
Sebastiano Milardo, MIT, USA
Angelos Christos Anadiotis, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne,
Switzerland
Chiara Lombardo, University of Genova, Italy
Daniel Corujo, Universidade de Aveiro, Instituto de Telecomunicacoes, Portugal
Ramon Fontes IFBA, Brazil
Augusto Neto, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
Rafael Pasquini, Federal University of Uberlandia, Brazil
Amina Boubendir, Orange Labs, Telecom ParisTech, France
David Hausheer, OVGU Magdeburg, Germany
Oliver Hohlfeld, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Fernando Kuipers, Fernando Kuipers, Netherlands
Fernando Ramos, University of Lisbon, Portugal
Elisa Rojas, University of Alcala, Spain
Francesco Tusa, University College London, UK
Javier Baliosian, Universidad de la Republica, Uruguay
Gino Carrozzo, Nextworks, Italy
Salvatore D'Oro, Northeastern University, Boston, USA
Javier Rubio Loyola, CINVESTAV, Mexico
David Moura, UNICAMP, Brazil
Massimo Conoluci, Ericsson Research, Kista, Sweden