Subject: [nmrg] CFP: JSAC SI on Advances in AI/ML for Networking (deadline Oct 1)

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 09:34:47 +0200

Hi,

With the current focus of the NMRG on AI and network  automation, this could

be of interest to NMRG members.

Manuscript Due: October 1, 2019

Call for Papers

IEEE JSAC Special issue on 

Advances in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Networking

 <https://tinyurl.com/AI4NET> https://tinyurl.com/AI4NET

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artificial Intelligence (AI)  and  Machine  Learning (ML)  approaches  have 

emerged in the networking domain with  great promise. They can be clustered 

into  AI/ML  techniques  for network  engineering and  management,  network 

design for  AI/ML applications,  and  system aspects.  AI/ML techniques for 

network management, operations  and  automation improve  the way we address 

networking today. They support efficient, rapid, and trustworthy management 

operations.  The current interest  in softwarization  and  network program-

mability  fuels the  need for improved  network automation  in agile infra-

structures, including edge and fog environments. Network design and optimi-

zation for AI/ML applications address the complementary topic of supporting 

AI/ML-based  systems  through  novel networking  techniques, including  new 

architectures and performance models. A third topic area is system mplemen-

tation and open-source software development.

This special issue will focus on  networking aspects (mostly, network layer 

and above). Work with  primary contribution  to physical layer  concepts or 

wireless access  should be submitted  to other venues.  Prospective authors 

are invited to submit  high-quality,  original manuscripts on the following 

topics, but not limited to:

Fundamental Frameworks

* Network theory inspired by machine learning

* Transfer learning and reinforcement learning for networking

* Big data analytic frameworks for networking data

Network analytics

* Machine learning, data mining and big data analytics for networking

* Representation learning on operational data

* Data  mining, statistical  modeling, and machine learning for network 

  management

* User experience-driven network planning

* Learning  algorithms and tools for  network diagnostics and root cause 

  analysis

Network decision making and optimization

* Protocol design and optimization using machine learning

* Network architecture and optimization for AI/ML applications at scale

* Resource allocation for shared/virtualized networks using machine learning

* Energy-efficient network operations based on AI/ML algorithms

* AI/ML Algorithms for network security

* Network Reliability, robustness and safety based on AI/ML concepts

* Security for networks optimized and operated based on AI/ML concepts

Network automation

* Self-driving networks

* Self-Learning and adaptive networking protocols and algorithms

* Deep learning and reinforcement learning in network control & management

* Predictive or self-aware networking maintenance

* Open-source AI software for networking or networked applications

Submission Guidelines

All  submissions must  follow the  Guide for Authors  as published  on the 

Journal website at http://www.comsoc.org/jsac/paper-submission-guidelines.

Manuscript Due: October 1, 2019

Acceptance notification: March 1, 2020

Final manuscript due: March 15, 2020

Expected Publication of the Special Issue: Second quarter 2020

Guest Editors

Rolf Stadler, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, [email-masked]
(Lead Guest Editor)

Prosper Chemouil, Orange Labs (retired), France, [email-masked] 

Pan Hui, University of Helsinki, Finland & Hong Kong University of Science
and Technology, Hong Kong, [email-masked] 

Noura Limam, University of Waterloo, Canada, [email-masked]

Wolfgang Kellerer, Technical University of Munich, Germany,
[email-masked] 

Yonggang Wen, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, [email-masked]