Subject: [nmrg] CALL FOR PAPERS - ICIN 2020 23rd Conference on Innovation in Clouds, Internet and Networks

From: Jérôme François <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 16:42:38 +0200

(Apologies if you received duplicate copies of this CFP)

**********************************************************************************
CALL FOR PAPERS - ICIN 2020
23rd Conference on Innovation in Clouds, Internet and Networks

"Beyond 5G: building network sense"

February 24-27, 2020 - Paris, France

https://www.icin-conference.org

Technically sponsored by IEEE, IEEE Communications Society
All accepted and presented papers will be published in IEEE Xplore Digital Library

The best papers presented at the conference will be invited to submit an extended
version for fast-track review in the following journals:
     - IEEE Communications Magazine (Impact Factor: 10.356)
     - IEEE Transactions on Network Service and Management (Impact Factor: 4.682)
     - MDPI Sensors (Impact Factor: 3.031)

*********************************************************************************
IMPORTANT DATES

Paper Submission: October 4th, 2019
Paper Acceptance Notification: December 2nd, 2019
Camera-Ready Papers: January 13th, 2020

LINK TO SUBMISSION PAGE

https://edas.info/N26190

*********************************************************************************
The ICIN conference, established in 1989 and praised for the high quality of its
technical program and richness of its social networking, is also recognized for
its continuous adaptation to emerging technical trends.

The year 2020 will be a keystone in the evolution toward the networks of the
future, with the first commercial deployments of large-scale 5G infrastructures,
the increasing interest in network intelligence and machine learning techniques
applied to network management and orchestration, the progress of precision
networking technologies toward low-latency services, and the end of the Horizon
2020 research framework program in Europe superseded by the next Horizon Europe.

In this scenario and considering the many challenges that the aforementioned
paradigms and technologies will bring, ICIN 2020 will focus on:

"Beyond 5G: building network sense"

The conference will foster new ideas and novel approaches to future service
delivery in a smart network environment, able to show what could be qualified as
sense, “a sane and realistic attitude to situations and problems”, according to
Oxford Dictionary. With this vision, the conference will look beyond the current
state of the art and promote the advances of network management and orchestration
technologies.

ICIN 2020 aims at providing an international forum for researchers and
practitioners from academia, industry, network operators, and service providers
to discuss and address the challenges posed by innovation in clouds, Internet and
networks. Interested authors are invited to submit papers presenting novel
technical studies as well as broader position and visionary papers. Contributions
that discuss lessons learnt and best practices, describe practical deployment and
implementation experiences, and demonstrate innovative use-cases are especially
encouraged.

**********************************************************************************
ICIN 2020 solicits original, unpublished work not currently under review by other
conferences or journals. Papers submitted to ICIN 2020 will be assessed based on
originality, technical soundness, clarity and interest to a wide audience. All
submissions must be written in English and must use standard IEEE two-column
conference template, available for download from the IEEE website:

https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html

Only PDF files will be accepted for the review process and all submissions must
be done electronically through EDAS using the following link:

https://edas.info/N26190

Technical papers can be of two types: full papers or short papers, up to 8 pages
and 5 pages respectively, including tables, figures and references. Demo papers
of length of 3 pages are also solicited.

At least one author is required to register, at the full rate, to present
accepted papers at the conference and for the paper to appear in the conference
proceedings.

The best technical papers presented at the conference will be invited to submit
an extended version for fast-track review in the following journals:
     - IEEE Transactions on Network Service and Management (Impact Factor: 4.682)
     - MDPI Sensors (Impact Factor: 3.031)
Extended versions of ICIN 2020 papers must include at least 30% of new material
(algorithms, results, related work) compared to the conference version.
Particularly innovative and visionary papers will be invited to submit a
tutorial-style, magazine version for fast-track review in:
     - IEEE Communications Magazine (Impact Factor: 10.356)

Areas of interest and topics include, but are not limited to:

- Cloud and networking aspects of IoT, 5G, and beyond
     * Vertical industries and digital twins
     * Automotive and vehicular networking, including vehicular cloud services
     * Tactile Internet and precision networking
     * Protocols for ultra-low latency and ultra-high reliability
     * Fog, edge and multi-access computing and networking
     * Security, trust and privacy, especially applied to IoT and 5G networks
- Enablers and services for 5G networks: from experiments to reality and beyond
     * 5G network architecture, services, protocols, and use cases
     * Service-Based Architecture (SBA) design applied to the control plane,
       data plane and management plane
     * 5G functional decomposition and composition
     * Advanced 5G infrastructure slicing
     * Scalability and multi-tenancy in 5G networks and 5G network slicing
- Network automation and orchestration architectures and protocols
     * Intent-based network management and cloud resource orchestration
     * Network programmability architectures and systems
     * Orchestration of distributed cloud and network resources in vertical markets
     * Network artificial intelligence, machine learning and reasoning
     * Network data analytics, anomaly detection, and feature extraction
     * Autonomic and cognitive networking
     * Societal and legal aspects of network automation
- Technologies for innovation in clouds, Internet and networks
     * Software Defined Networking (SDN)
     * Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
     * Service function chaining, function placement and network embedding
     * Big data and fast data processing and management
     * Use of Distributed Ledger Technologies in networking and network services
     * CDN architectures and network cache allocation schemes
     * Advanced multimedia and real-time communications, QoS/QoE design
     * Lightweight virtualization technologies, software and hardware acceleration
     * Performance, optimization and resource dimensioning
     * Energy-efficient software-defined infrastructures
     * Measurement, monitoring and telemetry
     * Testbeds, open-source projects and open standards

**********************************************************************************
General Co-Chairs
---------------------------
Bruno Chatras (Orange, France)
Diego Lopez (Telefónica, Spain)

Technical Program Committee Co-Chairs
---------------------------
Shingo Ata (Osaka City University, Japan)
Walter Cerroni (University of Bologna, Italy)

Keynotes and Panels Co-Chairs
---------------------------
Alex Galis (University College London, UK)
Dirk Kutscher (University of Applied Sciences Emden/Leer, Germany)

Workshops Co-Chairs
---------------------------
Eduard Grasa (i2CAT Foundation, Spain)
Eduardo Jacob (University of the Basque Country, Spain)

Tutorials Co-Chairs
---------------------------
Barbara Martini (CNIT, Italy)
Rogier Noldus (Ericsson, The Netherlands)

Demo Co-Chairs
---------------------------
Bessem Sayadi (Nokia, France)
Pierre Lynch (Keysight, Canada)

Publication Chair
---------------------------
Piotr Borylo (AGH, Poland)

Publicity Co-Chairs
---------------------------
Lei Shu (Nanjing Agricultural University, China)
Xiaodi Huang (Charles Sturt University, Australia)
Jérôme François (INRIA, France)
Muge Sayit (Ege University, Turkey)

Patrons Chair
---------------------------
Jeremie Leguay (Huawei, France)

Finance Chair
---------------------------
Guy Pujolle (DNAC, France)

International Steering Committee Chair
---------------------------
Noel Crespi (IMT, France)

Overall Arrangements
---------------------------
Aziza Lounis (DNAC, France)

Web Chair
---------------------------
Elia Kallas (DNAC, France)

We are looking forward to your submission to ICIN 2020

------------------------------------------------------------
For further information, see https://www.icin-conference.org
------------------------------------------------------------