Subject: [nmrg] CFP - IEEE NetSoft 2020 - June 29-July 3, 2020, Ghent, Belgium

From: Roberto Riggio <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 19:14:15 +0300

********************************************************************************
                                 Call for Papers

                                IEEE NetSoft 2020

            The 6th IEEE International Conference on Network Softwarization
                "Bridging the gap between AI and Network Softwarization"

                         June 29 - July 3, 2020, Ghent, Belgium
                             http://ieee-netsoft.org

********************************************************************************

The 6th IEEE International Conference on Network Softwarization (NetSoft
2020) will be held from June 29 to July 3, 2020 in the historic city of
Ghent in Belgium. IEEE NetSoft has been created as a flagship conference
aiming at addressing softwarization of networks and systemic trends raised
by the convergence of Cloud Computing, Software-Defined Networking (SDN)
and Network Function Virtualization (NFV), leading to a significant
evolution of networks and services.

*** Scope ***
*************
Over the years, software has become the core value provider in the
telecommunications industry. Boosted by scientific breakthrough, continuous
innovation and stringent requirements for new services, network
softwarization is currently transforming telecommunications and networking
industry, and is bringing several opportunities, while raising new
challenges, from both conceptual and operational perspectives.

To pave the way for the next big step toward full network automation, with
unprecedented capabilities offered by Artificial Intelligence (AI), NetSoft
2020 will serve as a forum to discuss the latest advances in network
softwarization technologies, AI-based software-defined networks, autonomic
networking, policy-based network management, network slicing, and other
related research areas that are anticipated to radically transform todayís
networks. The need for further advances in these topics is reflected in the
overall theme of NetSoft 2020: ìBridging the gap between AI and Network
Softwarizationî.

NetSoft 2020 will feature technical paper presentations, keynotes,
tutorials, workshops, demos and exhibitions from world-leading experts
representing service providers, vendors, research institutes, open source
projects and academia.

*** Topics of interest ***
**************************
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

- Programmable SDN and NFV: languages and architectures
- Softwarized cloud, fog and edge infrastructures
- Cognitive and autonomic networking
- AI techniques to support network automation
- Big data analytics for managing softwarized networks
- Network slicing and slice management
- Mobility management in software networks
- Policy-based and intent-based Networking
- Centralized vs distributed control, management & orchestration
- Abstractions and virtualization of resources, services and functions
- Service Function Chaining
- Container/microservice-based network functions
- Efficient network/service monitoring in SDN/NFV
- QoS and QoE in softwarized infrastructures
- Resilience, reliability, and robustness of softwarized networks
- Network softwarization for 5G
- Network management at the edge for low-latency services
- Cooperative multi-domain, multi-tenant SDN/NFV environments
- Security, Safety, Trust and Privacy in virtualized environments
- SDN switch/router architecture and design
- Dynamic resource discovery and negotiation schemes
- Lifecycle management of network software
- DevOps methodologies for network softwarization
- Debugging and introspection of software-defined systems
- Softwarized platforms for Internet of Things (IoT)
- Energy efficient and green software-defined infrastructures (SDI)
- Transition strategies from existing networks to SDN/NFV
- New value chains and service models enabled by softwarization
- Socio-economic impact and regulations for softwarization
- Experience reports from experimental testbeds and deployments

*** Paper Submissions ***
*************************
Authors are invited to submit original English-written contributions in PDF
format. Only original papers not published or submitted for publication
elsewhere can be submitted. Papers can be of two types: full (up to 9
pages) or short (up to 5 pages) papers. Full Papers accepted as short
Papers will be required to be reduced to 5 pages.

Papers should be in IEEE 2-column US-Letter style using IEEE Conference
template (see https://goo.gl/osSfEF). Only PDF files will be accepted for
the review process and all manuscripts must be electronically submitted
through EDAS: https://edas.info/N26524

Papers exceeding these limits, multiple submissions, and self-plagiarized
papers will be rejected  without further review. All submitted papers will
be subject to a peer-review process. At least one author of each accepted
paper is required to register to the NetSoft 2020 main conference to have
their paper published in the conference proceedings. The paper must be
presented at the conference by one author to be submitted for publication
in IEEE Xplore.

Important: NetSoft 2020 is enforcing a strict publication and no-show
policy as stated by IEEE. Please check details on the NetSoft 2020 website.

More details about submissions are available at
http://ieee-netsoft.org/authors

*** Important dates ***
***********************
- Paper submission deadline:   December 2, 2019
- Acceptance notification:      March 9, 2020
- Camera-ready Papers:         April 6, 2020

Please register your paper at your earliest convenience on EDAS.

*** TPC Co-Chairs ***
*********************
Tim Wauters, Ghent University - imec, Belgium
Mohamed Faten Zhani, …TS, Canada
Walter Cerroni, University of Bologna, Italy

*** General Co-Chairs ***
*************************
Filip De Turck, Ghent University - imec, Belgium
Prosper Chemouil, Orange Labs (retired), France

********
Website: http://ieee-netsoft.org

-- 
--
Le informazioni contenute nella presente comunicazione sono di natura 
privata e come tali sono da considerarsi riservate ed indirizzate 
esclusivamente ai destinatari indicati e per le finalità strettamente 
legate al relativo contenuto. Se avete ricevuto questo messaggio per 
errore, vi preghiamo di eliminarlo e di inviare una comunicazione 
all’indirizzo e-mail del mittente.

--
The information transmitted is 
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may 
contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you received this in 
error, please contact the sender and delete the material.