Subject: [nmrg] Invitation: Side meeting on network and application integration at IETF 106

From: Danny Alex Lachos Perez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 09:05:23 -0200

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]

Dear all,

Some of us (Börje Ohlman, Sabine Randriamasy, Richard Yang) are organizing
a side meeting at the IETF 106 on application and network integration,
including both application aware networking (AAN) and network aware
applications (NAA). The goal is to identify the major missing pieces
(information, mechanisms) based on ALTO but beyond to allow better network
and application integration.

To this end, we have invited a group of speakers willing to share their
experiences and insights about cooperative interactions between networks
and applications. In particular: given today’s network usage trends, where
do we identify problems that would be solved with the help of such a
cooperation? Ideally, the speakers represent major stakeholders such as
ISPs, Applications providers, and Vendors.

The purpose of this meeting is to gather input, helping to better identify
how ALTO evolutions can complement with other IETF protocols or research
activities. We, therefore, seek insights  from participants involved in
network operations, applications, or cooperation thereof. You are therefore
kindly invited to participate to this meeting.

Feedbacks that this meeting would like to gather from speakers include: AAN
or NAA: what is it? What problems did we address? What did we try? What
worked? What did not? What is missing? What are the changes in networks,
applications, in research, technologies that we need to take into account?

The meeting is scheduled on Wednesday November 20th morning as follows:

   - Session 1: 8h30 - 9h45 in Room VIP A
      - Meeting context / Brief ALTO introduction
      - Speaker1: Zhenbin Li (Huawei)
      - Speaker2: Yunfei Zhang (Tencent)
      - Speaker3: Luis Contreras (Telefonica)
      - Speaker4: Richard Yang (Yale University)
   - Session 2: 10h - 11h in Room Bras Basah
      - Open discussion

*Remote participation* is possible by using the Zoom link [0]

We look forward to seeing you there,

Best regards,

Danny Lachos

[0] https://yale.zoom.us/j/8423318713