Subject: [nmrg] Procedure for adopting RG documents

From: Jérôme François <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 11:36:24 +0100

Hello,

In last virtual meeting, we presented a procedure and guidelines for adopting an 
individual draft as a RG document in NMRG.
Details are given in slides 7-8 of 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/interim-2019-nmrg-11/materials/slides-interim-2019-nmrg-11-sessa-intro-chair-slides

Below is the summary of the procedure to be followed by interested authors.

Best regards,
Laurent & Jérôme

----

Step 0 - Precondition (not formally part of the procedure but the way we recommand 
to refine your individual draft)

Update individual drafts as usual
Retrieve comments from the group (mailing lists, meetings)
Address comments and give feedback about comments (mailing lists, meetings)

Step 1 - Check criteria for adoption

- What is the document about ? (clarity and value of the proposal)
-- Purpose / scope of the draft need to be clear (cannot be changed once adopted)
-- The current content must be enough mature
-- Scientific quality and impact

- How to continue the effort?
-- Evolution of the document must be already planned (based on received comment 
for example).
-- Workplan and milestones

- Who will work on the draft?
-- commitment from existing authors

Step 2 - Request adoption

1) Present scope, content and workplan of the document + ask for support at 
meeting or on the mailing list
2) Chairs will issue a “formal” call for adoption support on the mailing list and 
make the final decision