Subject: [nmrg] CFP: 7th International Workshop on the Recursive InterNetworkArchitecture (RINA 2020): Challenging RINA

From: Jérôme François <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 14:38:47 +0100

*Call for Papers*

*7th International Workshop on the Recursive InterNetwork Architecture
(RINA 2020): Challenging RINA*

During the last decade research funding bodies have supported “Future
Internet” or “Clean-slate” design initiatives intended to reduce network
complexity by redesigning the network protocol architecture, questioning
some of its key principles. Industry groups such as the ETSI ISG NGP are
looking at alternatives to the current “TCP-IP” protocol suite. However,
few initiatives have really been able to “clean the slate” and question the
core model and underlying principles of current Internet protocols. Of
those who have done it, RINA – the Recursive InterNetwork Architecture - is
probably the simplest yet most general solution.

RINA implementations are maturing while researchers keep working in
characterizing its applicability to a wide variety of current networking
challenges. During the last year RINA has been featured in an ETSI ISG NGP
group report as a potential candidate for future-proof protocols, and the
standardization work on its core specifications at ISO has advanced to
Committee Draft Standards. New projects like RINArmenia are working to
develop RINA expertise at the national level, and are teaming with the
local industry to implement and deploy the technology in a variety of
markets.

In addition to papers that investigate and experiment with different
properties of the RINA architecture, this year’s RINA Workshop especially
welcomes papers that challenge the RINA principles and show limitations it
its approach, disprove its claims or provide a simple solutions without
compromising the benefits obtained by following the RINA architectural
principles. Such papers can present improvements to IP-based technologies,
or alternative approaches such as ICN, NDN or SCION to name a few.

The RINA Workshop also solicits papers that investigate the application of
RINA in different types of network segments and applications, papers
reporting on prototype implementations, experimental deployments, and
interoperability with existing technologies. We are also interested in
papers that challenge the RINA principles and show limitations in its
approach, disprove its claims or provide a simpler solution without
compromising the benefits obtained by following the RINA architectural
principles. Intended topics include but are not limited to:

● Comparison of RINA with other networking technologies that challenge
its vision and principles (evolutions to IP-based technologies, NDN, ICN,
SCION, etc.)

● Quality of Service in RINA

● Mobility, multi-homing and multicast

● Security: authentication, access control, confidentiality

● Routing in recursive layers

● Management of recursive networks

● Implications of RINA for AI-based network management

● High-performance RINA implementations via programmable hardware

● RINA scalability

● Policies for large-scale RINA DIFs

● Deployment scenarios for RINA

● RINA prototype implementations

● Deployment of 5G network slices enabling RINA networks

● Analysis of case studies showing benefits of RINA

● RINA for satellite constellations networking (LEO, MEO, GEO)

● Specific RINA policies and DIF designs for wireless networks

● Specific RINA policies and DIF designs for RINA in datacentre
networks

● Specific RINA policies and DIF designs for RINA in IoT networks

● Specific RINA policies and DIF designs for RINA in service provider
networks

● RINA applied to vehicular networking

● Specific RINA policies and DIF designs for RINA as a next generation
virtual network overlay

Supporting the requirements of large-scale decentralized applications (e.g.
blockchains)

*Submission instructions*

*Main track*: Submitted papers must be original work, not under review at
other journals/conferences, and may comprise a maximum of 6 A4 (210 mm x
297 mm) pages in 2-column IEEE conference style with a minimum font size of
10 pt. Papers should be submitted electronically using the EDAS online
submission system. All accepted papers must be presented by one of the
authors.

*Submission URL*: https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=26803

*Demo track*: Submitted papers must be original work, not under review at
other journals/conferences, and may comprise a maximum of 4 A4 (210 mm x
297 mm) pages in 2-column IEEE conference style with a minimum font size of
10 pt. Papers should be submitted electronically using the EDAS online
submission system. All accepted papers must be presented by one of the
authors, who must run the demonstration at the workshop.

*Submission URL*: https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=26803

*Important dates*

● Paper submission deadline: November 29th 2018

● Notification of acceptance: December 16th 2018

● Camera-ready due: January 13th 2020

*Proceedings*

Papers accepted for RINA 2020 will be included in the conference
proceedings and IEEE Xplore. The IEEE reserves the right to remove any
paper from IEEE Xplore if the paper is not presented at the workshop.

*Workshop Co-Chairs*

· Eduard Grasa, Fundació i2CAT, Spain

· Peyman Teymoori, University of Oslo, Norway

*Technical Program Committee*

*TPC Co-Chairs*

· Eduard Grasa, Fundació i2CAT, Spain

· Peyman Teymoori, University of Oslo, Norway

*Publicity Chair*

· Anis Laouiti, Telecom SudParis, France

*TPC Committee*

· Steve Bunch, TRIA Network Systems LLC, USA

· Diego Lopez, Telefonica, Spain

· Antonio Marcos Alberti, Inatel, Brazil

· Kevin Smith, Vodafone, UK

· John Day, Boston University, USA

· Lou Chitkushev, Boston University, USA

· Kaniz Mahdi, Ciena, USA

· Jordi Perelló, UPC, Spain

· Davide Careglio, UPC, Spain

· Sue Rudd, Strategy Analytics, USA

· David Hayes, Simula Research Labs, Norway

· Marco Bonola, University of Roma Tor Vergata, Italy

· Giuseppe Bianchi, University of Roma Tor Vergata, Italy

· Yuefeng Wang, Akamai, USA

· David Hutchinson, Lancaster University, UK

· Torsten Braun, Universitat Bern, Switzerland

· Miquel Tarzan, Fundació i2CAT, Spain

· Jairo López, Waseda University, Japan

· Neil Davies, Predictable Network Solutions, UK

· Peter Thompson, Predictable Network Solutions, UK

· Miguel Ponce de Leon, Waterford Institute of Technology, Ireland

· Anis Laouiti, Telecom SudParis, France

· Sander Vrijders, VeroTech, Belgium

______________________________________________________________
IEEE Communications Society Tech. Committee on Computer Communications
http://committees.comsoc.org/tccc/
TCCC Announce: For announcements concerning computer networking and communications.
[email-masked]
https://comsoc-listserv.ieee.org/