Subject: [nmrg] CFP: IEEE Communications Magazine Series on Telecom Software, Network Virtualization, and Software Defined Networks

From: Kohei Shiomoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 09:26:17 +0900

**

*Apologies if you received duplicate copies of this CFP*

*

The IEEE Communications Magazine Series on  Telecom Software, Network
Virtualization, and  Software Defined Networks aims at bringing
together  high-quality articles with applications-driven content on the
latest advances, technical innovations, open source projects, research,
and development in "network softwarization". 

Editorials of the two published issues (May and October 2019) are
available via the following links:

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8713805

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8875711

Two more issues are planned to be published in the first half of 2020.

In  our role  as Series Editors,  we strive to achieve a fast,
high-quality, and selective review process  for all submissions, since
the research and development efforts in telecom software are fast-paced. 

Below you can find  the detailed call for papers. We are looking forward
to receiving your submissions.

Walter Cerroni, Alex Galis, Kohei Shiomoto, Mohamed Faten Zhani

Series Editors, IEEE Communications Magazine Series on Telecom Software,
Network Virtualization, and Software Defined Networks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                    CALL FOR PAPERS

                                        IEEE Communications Magazine
Series on

                        Telecom Software, Network Virtualization, and
Software Defined Networks

https://www.comsoc.org/publications/magazines/ieee-communications-magazine/cfp/telecom-software-network-virtualization-and

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The key  role software is  increasingly playing in Telecommunications is
enabling unprecedented levels of abstraction,

disaggregation,   and programmability  in network infrastructures  and
services. This gave birth  to the trend

of "network softwarization" that advocates for network  architectures
that separate the software implementing network

functions, protocols and services from the hardware running them.

Propelled  by the maturity  of technologies like  network function
virtualization, and software-defined networking,

software-based  networking is radically  changing the way communication
infrastructures are designed,  programmed,

integrated  and operated. This enables rapid and innovative service
creation with easy deployment, and  opens the door

for a faster pace of innovation in the networking and ICT industry.

Underpinning this global trend, this IEEE Communications Magazine Series
aims at bringing together the latest advances,

technical  innovations, open  source projects, research, and 
development in Telecom Software, Network Virtualization,

and  Software Defined Networks. Contributions from industry  and
academia are welcome. Authors are invited to submit

manuscripts in all topics within the scope of this Series including, 
but not limited to, the following aspects of

software-based networking:

- Software-based network architectures/infrastructures,  network
slicing, network function virtualization, and service

  function chaining.

- Network operating systems, network  functions, interfaces, deployment
and  integration with software-based control,

  management and orchestration.

- Programmability of data, control and management planes.

- Performance measurements, evaluation and monitoring, validation and
debugging.

- Scalability, elasticity, resilience, maintainability.

- Safety and security.

- Experience reports from experimental testbeds, software-based networks
standards, open-source projects and solutions.

- New  and emerging topics (e.g.,  end-to-end and multi-domain 
software-based networks; Artificial Intelligence-

  assisted networks; high precision network software, infrastructures 
and services with QoS guarantees).

The IEEE Communications Magazine (ComMag) is a flagship publication of
the IEEE Communications Society and the world's

top-ranked magazine in Telecommunications with an Impact Factor (IF) of
10.435 and a Five-Year IF of 9.119.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SERIES EDITORS

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Walter Cerroni, University of Bologna, Italy, [email-masked]

- Alex Galis, University College London, United Kingdom, [email-masked]

- Kohei Shiomoto, Tokyo City University, Japan, [email-masked]

- Mohamed Faten Zhani, École de Technologie Supérieure (ÉTS Montreal),
Canada, [email-masked]

Series editors could be contacted at
[email-masked]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Papers  can be submitted  anytime during the year.  They will receive a
review process, and if accepted, they will be

published in the first slot available for this Series.

Authors  are required to ensure that  their submitted manuscripts are
in  full compliance with the magazine’s format

guidelines,  as outlined in the website.  Submissions not complying with
all format guidelines  receive an immediate

(administrative) reject  and are not forwarded to the review process
(IEEE PSPB Operation Manual, 8.2.2.3).

Format guidelines are available here:

https://www.comsoc.org/publications/magazines/ieee-communications-magazine/author-guidelines/manuscript-submission

Manuscripts      must be   submitted through    the magazine's
submissions   Website available at

http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/commag-ieee.  You will need to register
and then proceed  to the author center.

On the manuscript details page,   please select "Telecom Software,
Network Virtualization,  and Software Defined

Networks Series" from  the drop-down menu. Manuscripts  should be
tutorial in nature and should not be under review

for any other conference  or journal. They should be written in  a style
comprehensible and accessible  to readers

outside  the specialty  of the article.  Mathematical equations  should
not be used. For  detailed submission 

guidelines, please  refer to the magazine  website for the list of 
guidelines that must be followed  by all

submissions to the IEEE Communications Magazine:
https://www.comsoc.org/commag/paper-submission-guidelines

For further information, please check the following link:

https://www.comsoc.org/publications/magazines/ieee-communications-magazine/cfp/telecom-software-network-virtualization-and

*