Subject: [nmrg] Service Assurance for Intent-based Networking Architecture and YANG modules

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 10:45:11 +0100

Dear all,

New versions of these two drafts have been posted.
- Service Assurance for Intent-based Networking Architecture, 
draft-claise-opsawg-service-assurance-architecture-02 
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-claise-opsawg-service-assurance-architecture-02>
- YANG Modules for Service Assurance, 
draft-claise-opsawg-service-assurance-yang-04 
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-claise-opsawg-service-assurance-yang-04>

The first document describes the architecture for Service Assurance for 
Intent-based Networking (SAIN). This architecture aims at assuring that 
service instances are correctly running. As services rely on multiple 
sub-services by the underlying network devices, getting the assurance of 
a healthy service is only possible with a holistic view of network 
devices. This architecture not only helps to correlate the service 
degradation with the network root cause but also the impacted services 
impacted when a network component fails or degrades.

This second document complements the architecture by providing open 
interfaces between components, meaning YANG modules.

Here are the differences compared to the version I discussed during the 
last IETF meetings.

The architecture:
- handling maintenance windows
- the flexible architecture better explained
- improved the terminology
- notion of mapping information model to data model, while waiting for 
YANG to be everywhere
- started a security considerations section

The YANG module(s):
- added the under-maintenance/maintenance-contact
- added the ietf-service-assurance-interface

Note also the new co-authors on both drafts.

Please review and comment.

Regards, Benoit