Subject: [nmrg] Research Challenges in Artificial Intelligence for Network Management

From: Jérôme François <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 19:33:32 +0200

Dear all,

As presented in last NMRG meeting, we have a shared document on the research 
challenges document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dQOzZustI2mkYr_omtiqu3FqUvoqLgaCp7nbRj4ZJyw/edit

The document contains also instructions if you want to contribute. It is very 
important to identify yourself if you are willing to contribute. We start by 
documenting goals of AI in NM and research challenges.
For each challenge, we expect to answer the following questions:
- How to describe the challenge in a few sentences?
- What makes a challenge specific/particular in the context of NM?
- Why is it so challenging?
- What are the main locks? (technical, organizational, societal,educational, 
business...)
- What are the advances in our domain? (provide references)
- What are the advances in other domains on similar challenges? Do they perform 
better/less? Why?
- Can we take benefit or be inspired from other domains?

Of course, we do no expect everything to be answered at this stage and some 
sentences are enough to describe your interest.  You can also comment other 
contributions.

Best regards
Laurent & Jérôme
NMRG chairs