Subject: [nmrg] IEEE CloudNet 2020 CfP

From: "Giovane C. M. Moura" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 13:55:08 +0200

[apologies if you received multiple copies]

+-----------------------------------------------------------+
|                                                           |
|   9th IEEE International Conference on Cloud Networking   |
|                   9-11 November 2020                      |
| 		    Virtual Conference  	       	    |
|	  https://cloudnet2020.ieee-cloudnet.org            |
|                                                           |
|                     CALL FOR PAPERS                       |
|                                                           |
+-----------------------------------------------------------+

Cloud  Networking  has emerged  as a promising  direction for
cost-efficient  and  reliable  service  delivery across  data
communication  networks.  The  dynamic  location  of  service
facilities and the  virtualization  of hardware and  software
elements   are   stressing   the  communication  network  and
protocols,  especially  when  data centers  are interconnected
through  the  Internet.  Emerging  technologies  like Network
Function  Virtualization (NFV)  and  Software Defined Network
(SDN)  can play significant roles by improving the dynamicity
and  programmability  of  cloud  networks. Middlebox has been
significantly   improved   the   agility  of  cloud   network
deployment   and   management.  The  9th  IEEE  International
Conference on Cloud Networking (IEEE CloudNet 2020),  part of
the IEEE  Cloud  Computing  Initiative,  can  greatly promote
research in cloud networks and emerging research areas.

Topics of Interest (but not limited to):
----------------------------------------

Cloud network and resource management
- Data Center Network Optimization and Management
- Reliability of Data Center Network and Architecture
- Energy-Efficient Datacenters and Networks
- Cloud Traffic Characterization and Measurements
- Cloud Traffic Engineering
- Data Flow Management and Load Balancing
- Cloud Storage Management
- Green and Energy-Efficient Datacenters and Networks

Cloud network and virtualization
- Data Center Networks
- Virtual Ethernet Switching, Data Center Bridging
- Mobile Cloud Networking
- Virtualization of Network Equipment
- Software-Defined Networking
- Network Function Virtualization
- Middleware and Middleboxes

Cloud network and supported services
- Big Data Management
- Data Analytics in Cloud
- Network Services to support IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Unified User and Machine Mobility Management
- Content and Service Distribution
- Complementing Edge Computing with Data Center Networks

Cloud network architecture
- Control-Plane Architectures
- Distributed Data Center Architectures
- Routing in cloud networks
- Intra-Cloud vs Inter-Cloud Management
- Cloud Federation and Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure

Cloud network security and privacy
- Security, Privacy, and Confidentiality in Cloud Networking
- Cloud Data Provenance and Data Loss Protection
- Cloud Storage Security
- Cloud Network Intrusion Detection/Prevention
- Firewall and Deep Packet Inspection Systems in Cloud
  Networks

Authors  are  invited  to  submit original contributions that
have  not  been  published   or  submitted   for  publication
elsewhere.  Submissions must be in IEEE single-spaced double-
column  style with a length  limitation of 6 pages (including
title,  abstract,  all figures,  tables,  and references) for
full papers  (oral presentation) and 3 pages for short papers
(poster presentation).  Accepted papers  will be submitted to
IEEE Xplore.

For more information please check https://cloudnet2020.ieee-cloudnet.org

Important Dates:
----------------
- Submission deadline: Aug. 24th
- Acceptance notification: Oct. 7th
- Camera-ready paper: Oct. 21st
- Conference: Nov. 4th-6th

General Chair:
- Jéferson Campos Nobre, UFRGS, Brazil

Technical Program Co-Chairs:
- Israat Haque, Dalhousie University, Canada
- Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville, UFRGS, Brazil

Steering Committee:
- Raouf Boutaba, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Guy Pujolle, University Pierre & Marie Curie, France
- Deep Medhi, University of Missouri Kansas City, USA
- Aki Nako, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Dzmitry Kliazovich, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- Puneet Sharma, HP Labs, USA