Subject: Re: [nmrg] Call for Papers/ IEEE Communications Magazine /Network Softwarization and Management Series

From: Alex Galis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 12:50:58 +0100

[Apologies if you are getting multiple copies of this call]

=====================================================================================
				     Call for Papers
                              IEEE Communications Magazine
                             Impact Factor 2019-2020 11.052 
               <https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/RecentIssue.jsp?punumber=35>

                         Network Softwarization and Management Series

=====================================================================================

This series focuses on softwarization, management, and their integration in communication networks and 
their services. “Network softwarization” advocates for architectures that separate the software implementing 
network functions, protocols and services from the hardware running them. Propelled by the maturity of 
technologies like network function virtualization and software-defined networking, softwarization is radically
changing the way communication infrastructures are designed and operated enabling rapid and innovative 
service creation. “Network management“ is about administering networks and supporting their operations. 
It aims to integrate fault, configuration, accounting, performance and security management in the network; 
to leverage the self-management, automation and autonomic capabilities of networks, and to move from a 
“managed object” paradigm to a “management by objective” one.

The key role that software and management are increasingly playing in telecommunications is enabling 
unprecedented levels of abstraction, disaggregation, operation, integration, and programmability in 
network infrastructures and services. This Series publishes in-depth, cutting-edge, articles on state-
of-the-art technologies and solutions bringing together the latest advances, innovations, open-source
projects, case studies, research, and development in Network Softwarization and Management.
 
Authors are invited to submit manuscripts in all topics within the scope of this Series including, but 
not limited to, the following:

Main Paradigms and Systems for Network Softwarization and Management
- Management of softwarized networks. 
- Softwarization of network management.
- Network Operations and Automation, Autonomic and Self-management, Zero-Configuration Networking, 
Self-Driving Networking, Intent-based management, AI-assisted softwarization and management.

Architectures and Methodologies
- Software-Defined Networking, Network Function Virtualization, Service Function Chaining.
- Network Slicing, Edge/Cloud-native Networking, Softwarized network architectures/infrastructures, 
cloud/edge-native networking.
- Management and orchestration architectures, platforms and systems including integrated management, 
policy-based management, model-driven management.
- End-to-end and multi-domain softwarized networks, multi-domain management, green operations and
 management.
- Network (Data, Control, Management, Service Planes) Programmability. 
- Service provisioning and management, service assurance, fulfillment and resilience, DevOps management.
- Security and Reliability issues in Network Softwarization and Management

Software Approaches, Resources and Functions
- Network operating systems, network functions, cloud-native functions, interfaces, deployment and
 integration with software-based control, management and orchestration.
- Microservices, serverless computing and new software paradigms for managing and operating network
 functions.
- New Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance and Security (FCAPS) Management functions.
- New telecom software and tools for Operating Support Systems (OSS) and Business Support Systems 
(BSS).

Modelling, Measurement and Performance Analysis
- Performance measurements and evaluation, monitoring, data analytics, validation and debugging for
 network management and softwarized networks.
- Network and service quality, performance, reliability, scalability, elasticity, resilience, 
maintainability, safety and security with guarantees.
- Profiling and performance evaluation of softwarized network functions/components.
- High precision networking, management of cyber-networking systems supporting physical/digital twins.

Submission Guidelines

Manuscripts must be submitted through the magazine’s submissions website, Manuscript Central 
(<mc.manuscriptcentral.com/commag-ieee>). You will need to register and then proceed to the author 
center. On the manuscript details page, please select the Network Softwarization and Management Series 
from the drop-down menu. Manuscripts should be  scientific-oriented and should not be under review for 
any other conference or journal. They should be written in a style comprehensible and accessible to readers 
outside the specialty of the article.  Mathematical equations should not be used. For detailed submission 
guidelines please refer to the magazine website for the list of Paper Submission Guidelines 
(<comsoc.org/publications/magazines/ieee-communications-magazine/author-guidelines/manuscript-submission>) 
that must be followed by all submissions to the IEEE Communications Magazine.

Papers can be submitted anytime during the year. They will receive a review process, and, if accepted, 
they will be published in the first slot available for this Series.

Series Editors

Walter Cerroni
University of Bologna, Italy

Alex Galis
University College London, UK

Kohei Shiomoto
Tokyo City University, Japan

Mohamed Faten Zhani
École de Technologie Supérieure (ÉTS Montreal), Canada

In our role as Series Editors, we strive to achieve a fast, quality and selective review process for 
all submissions in order to quickly publish high-quality and cutting-edge papers on relevant topics 
in this area.