Subject: [nmrg] CFP: 2021 IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management (IM 2021) – Deadline Extension (Firm)

From: Jérôme François <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 09:56:50 +0200

================================================================================
============================= Call for papers ==================================
================================================================================

IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management (IM 2021)
17-21 May , 2021, Bordeaux, France

http://im2021.ieee-im.org
       Direct link for submissions: https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/home.cgi?c=3614

============================== Important dates =================================
Technical paper submission deadline (short and long papers): October 18, 2020 (Firm)
Notification of Acceptance: December 10, 2020

===============================  Overview ======================================
Call for Papers

The 17th IFIP/IEEE Symposium on Integrated Network and Service Management (IM
2021) will be held on May 17-21, 2021, in Bordeaux, France. Held in odd-numbered
years since 1989, IM 2021 follows the 33 years tradition of NOMS and IM as the
primary IEEE Communications Societyís forum for technical exchange on management
of information and communication technology focusing on research, development,
integration, standards, service provisioning, and user communities. IM 2021 will
focus on the theme of "Intelligent Management of Open and Highly Programmable
Networks".

It aims to capture recent results, emerging approaches and technical
solutions for dealing with resilience and sustainability of network and service
management in highly dynamic environments. Furthermore, the sudden and important
uptake of work-from-home and the promise of the post-digital era are rising new
challenges and exacerbating the dynamic nature of the communication
infrastructure, pushing additional requirements on networks in terms of quality,
resilience and sustainability. This is also accelerating the adoption of
Artificial Intelligence advances along with the openness and programmability of
network infrastructures, to make these more flexible and adaptive. In addition
to this theme, IM 2021 will cover a wide range of topics of interest within the
field in integrated network and service management.

IM 2021 will offer five types of sessions: technical, experience, poster, panel
and dissertation. High quality will be assured through a well-qualified
Technical Program Committee and stringent peer review of paper submissions. A
special call for demonstrations is organized to allow industry partners and
researchers to demonstrate early products and prototypes.

========================= Submission Instructions ==============================

Authors are invited to submit original contributions written in English
that have not been  published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
Technical papers must be  formatted using the IEEE 2-column format and
not exceed 8 pages (excluding references) for full paper submissions or
not exceed 4 pages (excluding references) for poster/short paper
submissions. All papers should be submitted through the JEMS conference
submission system.

All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted and presented
papers will be published in the conference proceedings and submitted
to IEEE Xplore.

============================== Topics of interest ==============================
Authors are invited to submit papers that fall into or are related to the topic
areas that are listed below. In addition, we invite submissions of proposals for
demonstrations, exhibits, technical panels, tutorials and workshops, as well as
experience session papers and dissertation papers

Management and Control of Networks
----------------------------------
*Enterprise and Campus Networks
* Data Center Networks
* Industrial Networks and TSN
* Cyber Physical Systems
* IP Networks
* 5G/6G,
* Wireless & Mobile Networks, including optical, overlay, access, SCADA, IoT, 
VANET, etc.

Programmable Networks and Automation
----------------------------------
*Software-Defined Networking
*Network Virtualization
*Network (Data, Control, Management planes) Programmability
*Network Slicing
*Management & Orchestration
*Network Functions Virtualization/Service Function Chaining
*Cloud Native Networking, DevOps, Network Automation, Zero-Configuration Networking
*Network Telemetry

Management and Control of Communication Services
----------------------------------
*Information Technology Services
*Virtual Networking Services
*XaaS and Cloud Services
*Multimedia Services
*Content Delivery Services
*Social Networking Services
*Security Services
*IoT Services
*Network Resilience and High-Precision Networks

Management Algorithms and Architectures
----------------------------------
*Centralized Management
*Distributed Management
*Autonomic Networks and Self-Management
*Management Protocols
*Fog and Mobile Edge Computing
*Lambda Functions and Elastic Management
*Data Analytics for Management
*Policy-Based Management
*Intent-Based Management
*Network Optimization

Management Functions and Practical Approaches
----------------------------------
*FCAPS: Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance and Security
*Case Studies and Practical Experiences
*Business-Driven Management Services
*Measurement and Validation
*SLA Management, QoS and QoE
*Energy Management
*Deployment of Services
*Operations Support Systems

Artificial Intelligence Techniques for Network and Service Management
----------------------------------
*Management with AI
*Markov Chains and Management
*Machine Learning and Deep Learning
*Management with Big Data
*Mobile Agents

Management Efforts for Pandemics and Crisis Situations (COVID-19)
----------------------------------
*Contact and Activity Tracing
*Network/Service Management Support
*Network Measurements
*Network Adaptation
*Case Studies and Practical Experiences

================================= Organization =================================
General Co-chairs
Toufik Ahmed, Bordeaux INP, France
Olivier Festor, University of Lorraine, France

TPC Co-chairs
Yacine Ghamri-Doudane, University of La Rochelle, France
Alberto E. Schaeffer-Filho, UFRGS, Brazil
Joon-Myung Kang, Google, USA

Contact TPC Co-chairs for more information: [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>