Subject: [nmrg] [CFP] Call for Tutorials - IFIP/IEEE IM 2021 (International Symposium on Integrated Network Management)

From: Jérôme François <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 09:55:12 +0100

=====================================================================================

17th  IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management (IM 2021)
		       17-21 May 2021, Bordeaux, France
                           https://im2021.ieee-im.org  <https://im2021.ieee-im.org/>
                          
                            CALL FOR TUTORIALS

(Submissions due:  November 15, 2020)
=====================================================================================

The 17th  IFIP/IEEE Symposium on Integrated Network and Service Management (IM 2021)
will take place on May 17-21, 2021 in Bordeaux, France. Held in odd-numbered years
since 1989, IM 2021 follows the tradition of NOMS and IM as the primary IEEE Communications
Society's forum for technical exchange on the management of information and communication
technology focusing on research, development, integration, standards, service provisioning
and user communities.
Tutorials are an integral part of the program of IFIP/IEEE IM 2021. They provide participants
with broad and comprehensive overviews of emerging fields in management of information,
networks and communication technology. Experts are invited to submit half-day (3 hours)
tutorial proposals.  Full-day (6 hours) tutorials as well as tutorials including
hands-on-experience are also warmly welcome.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:

- SDN/NFV Development and Management Frameworks
- Data Plane Programming
- 5G Management
- Management of IoT
- Security Management approaches and platforms
- Open Source solutions for Network and Service Management Management
- Monitoring and Measurement
- Simulation Frameworks
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Networks
- Blockchain Technologies for Network and Service Management
- Green communication management
- Managing cloud computing and services
- Management of programmable networks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Important Dates:

- Tutorial Proposal Submission Deadline: November 15, 2020
- Notification of Acceptance: December  15, 2020
- Tutorial Material: March 31, 2021

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Submission Instructions:

If you are interested in presenting a tutorial at IM 2021 please fill in the Tutorial
Proposal Form  (available on the website) and send a PDF version of this form to the
two Co-Chairs:

Isabelle Chrisment, University of Lorraine, France ([email-masked]  <mailto:[email-masked]>)
Carol Fung, Virginia Commonwealth University, ([email-masked]  <mailto:[email-masked]>)

https://im2021.ieee-im.org/sites/im2021.ieee-im.org/files/IM_2021_TutorialProposalForm.docx

https://im2021.ieee-im.org/sites/im2021.ieee-im.org/files/IM_2021_TutorialProposalForm.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Information:

Once accepted, a tutorial will be held provided that there is a minimum audience of
10 (full-day) and 5 (half-day) registrants for the tutorial. A stipend will be offered
per tutorial (to be shared among speakers for a particular tutorial if more than one
speaker presents the tutorial), as follows:
- 3-hour tutorial (half-day): $500 US or free conference registration;
- 6-hour tutorial (full-day): $1,000 US or ($500 + free registration).
As for most conferences, travel and other expenses are to be covered by the tutorial
speakers themselves.

For further information, please contact the Tutorial Co-Chairs.