Subject: [nmrg] IFIP/IEEE IM 2021 - Call for GraSec Workshop Papers - Extended Deadline: January 22, 2021

From: Jérôme François <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 21:54:45 +0100

--------------------------------------------------------------------

*IFIP/IEEE IM 2021 - CALL FOR GRASEC WORKSHOP PAPERS*

The 2nd International Workshop on Graph-based network Security (GraSec 2021)
https://grasec.uni.lu/

In conjunction with IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network
Management (IM)
May 17-20, 2021, Bordeaux, France
https://im2021.ieee-im.org/
*
**Submission Deadline (Extended): January 22, 2021*

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of the existing security monitoring solutions cannot cope with unknown
and complex attacks due to the continual apparition of new threats, botnet
propagation and command-and-control mechanisms. Recently, botnet detection
systems  which leverage communication graph analysis using machine learning
have gained attention to overcome these limitations. Graph-based modeling
and mining approaches have been proposed and provide interesting results.

Graph-based modeling offers the advantage of understanding complex attacks
and determining the root cause of an attack. However, existing graph mining
tools for anomaly detection over streaming events are not adapted for cyber-
security problems while the corresponding data continuously appears in the
form of complex graphs.

The workshop serves to bring together people from industry and academia
including researchers, developers, and practitioners from a variety of
fields working on graphs and their applications to network, cybersecurity,
and  blockchain. Moreover, the workshop allows attendees to share and discuss
their latest findings from both theoretical and practical perspectives in
several techniques and methods for graph modeling, mining, learning, and
visualizing. The main goal of GraSec is to present research and experience
results in graph applications on network and cybersecurity as well as the
defensive and offensive tools.

*Topics of Interest:*

  * Graph modeling/mining/learning-based intrusion/botnet/threats detection
  * Graph learning-driven access controls, security policies, etc.
  * Attack graphs modeling, analysis, etc.
  * Sampling and summarizing techniques of graphs for network and cybersecurity.
  * Big graph analytics, parallel algorithms for dynamic/big graph analysis on
  HPC (CPU-GPU) systems.
  * Autoencoders, representation learning for graphs
  * Graph embedding techniques and applications on network data.
  * Visualization of dynamic and large-scale graphs
  * Detection of threats with evolving behaviors using graphs
  * Novel applications of static/dynamic and large graph problems in network,
  cybersecurity, blockchain, cryptocurrency, robot, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

*Paper Submission:*

Paper submissions must present original, unpublished research, development or
experiences. Only original papers that have not been published or submitted
for publication elsewhere can be submitted. Each submission must be written
in English, accompanied by a 50 to 200 words abstract that clearly outlines
the scope and contributions of the paper. Self-plagiarized papers will be
rejected without further review.

Submissions must be in IEEE 2-column style. There is a length limitation of
6 pages for regular papers, and 4 pages for short papers. Page limit includes
title, abstract, all figures, tables, and references.

Authors should submit their papers via JEMS:
https://jems.sbc.org.br/home.cgi?c=3726

--------------------------------------------------------------------

*Contact us:*

  * Sofiane Lagraa: sofiane.lagraa [a t] uni.lu
  * Martin Husák: husakm [a t] ics.muni.cz

*Workshop Organizers:*

  * Sofiane Lagraa (SnT, University of Luxembourg)
  * Radu State (SnT, University of Luxembourg)
  * Hamida Seba (LIRIS, University of Lyon, France)
  * Martin Husák (Masaryk University, Czech Republic)