Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Google’s Experimental OAuth-WRAP support

From: Eric Sachs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 10:10:46 -0700

Google currently supports the use of the OAuth1.0/1.0a and OpenID/OAuth
Hybrid protocols for accessing Google APIs (see
documentation<http://code.google.com/apis/accounts/>).
 Google is committed  to providing support for
OAuth2<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwiki.oauth.net%2FOAuth-2&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHM6Pduh__AaGWa0f2IWYlrYFK-8Q>in
the future.  As a milestone towards that goal, Google has implemented
support for the
OAuth-WRAP<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwiki.oauth.net%2FOAuth-WRAP&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHjecqdM82DH202s--ZaYBkf9rVMg>protocol
which was a big influence on the design of OAuth2. You can find
documentation at this site:

https://sites.google.com/site/oauthgoog/Home/oauth-wrap-support

While Google does not plan to formally announce our OAuth-WRAP support, we
are making it available on an experimental basis to show our progress
towards support for OAuth2.  Since OAuth-WRAP and OAuth2 share many of the
same design characteristics, we are also hoping that some developers will
leverage our experimental support to build prototypes of new types of
applications that were very hard to create using OAuth1, but which are much
easier on OAuth-WRAP and OAuth2.

Eric Sachs
Product Manager, Google