Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Conclusion ... was 2nd Call for Adoption: Authentication Method Reference Values

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 11:21:30 +0100

Hi all,

we would like to conclude this call for adoption.

Based on the feedback we would believe that this document should become
a working group document and thereby a starting point for further work.

We do, however, take the feedback from Mike Schwartz serious. He raises
a good point regarding the reliability of the conveyed values when
different algorithms, and different processes are used by those making
the assertions. This needs to be addressed as part of operational
considerations in a future version of the document.

We also believe that the introduction needs to be extended to explain
the envisioned use case/scenarios (or call them architecture) for those
who had not been involved in this work from the beginning.

Ciao
Hannes & Derek

On 02/18/2016 02:09 PM, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
> In response to my message to the list regarding the initial call for
> adoption of the Authentication Method Reference Values draft, see
> https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg15694.html, Mike
> submitted an updated version of the document to take raised concerns
> into account. Several working group participants responded positively to
> the new version.
> 
> We would therefore like to issue a 2nd call for adoption of the recently
> submitted version -05:
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jones-oauth-amr-values-05
> 
> Please let us know by March 3rd whether you accept / object to the
> adoption of this document as a starting point for work in the OAuth
> working group.
> 
> Ciao
> Hannes & Derek
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth
>