Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-oauth-resource-indicators-05: (with COMMENT)

From: Barry Leiba via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2019 12:34:11 -0700

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-oauth-resource-indicators-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-resource-indicators/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Section 2 --

   invalid_target
      The requested resource is invalid, unknown, or malformed.

For clarity, I suggest adding "missing" to the list, as specified in Section
2.1, '...and MAY fail requests that omit the parameter with an "invalid_target"
error.'

   The authorization server SHOULD audience restrict issued access
   tokens to the resource(s) indicated by the "resource" parameter.

I can't parse this sentence.  I see "audience" as a verb, and don't understand.
AH.  I read later in the document and figured out my problem: I think it would
help if you hyphenate "audience-restrict" (and "audience-restricted" later). 
No?

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 13:47:34 -0600

Barry, thanks for the review and ballot position.

> draft-ietf-oauth-resource-indicators-05: No Objection

Makes sense, will do.

> help if you hyphenate "audience-restrict" (and "audience-restricted"

Yes? Short of Adam Roach stepping in here to teach me more about proper use
of hyphens [1], I think that would be helpful and will make the changes.

[1] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/oauth/IsoOa0jvabolUSzjzWHjk8b0aVY

-- 
_CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and privileged 
material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, 
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have 
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately 
by e-mail and delete the message and any file attachments from your 
computer. Thank you._

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 15:51:27 -0400

> Yes? Short of Adam Roach stepping in here to teach me more about proper use of hyphens [1], I
> think that would be helpful and will make the changes.

:-)

This is a really tricky one, hyphenwise, and I'm not sure.  What I
*am* sure about is that if it were hyphenated I would not have had a
problem reading it.  Thanks for the quick response!

Barry