Subject: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-v2-1-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 16:00:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Web Authorization Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : The OAuth 2.1 Authorization Framework
        Authors         : Dick Hardt
                          Aaron Parecki
                          Torsten Lodderstedt
	Filename        : draft-ietf-oauth-v2-1-05.txt
	Pages           : 84
	Date            : 2022-03-07

Abstract:
   The OAuth 2.1 authorization framework enables a third-party
   application to obtain limited access to a protected resource, either
   on behalf of a resource owner by orchestrating an approval
   interaction between the resource owner and an authorization service,
   or by allowing the third-party application to obtain access on its
   own behalf.  This specification replaces and obsoletes the OAuth 2.0
   Authorization Framework described in RFC 6749.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-v2-1/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-oauth-v2-1-05.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-oauth-v2-1-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 09:29:24 +0100

I notice -05 still has the "credentialed" client concept, which I was
expecting would go away after this discussion toward the end of last year
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/oauth/FZkd5fPolu7PKx5uXV15A79aLTc/
that indicated that the term was confusing and not providing a meaningful
distinction around functionality in the document.

On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 1:02 AM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth
>

-- 
_CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and privileged 
material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, 
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have 
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately 
by e-mail and delete the message and any file attachments from your 
computer. Thank you._