Subject: Question about Notation Data and URLs

From: David Shaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 23:26:57 -0400

Given the improvement to the Notation Data packet in
draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc2440bis-02, I am curious as to the future use of
the Policy URL and Preferred keyserver packets.

Instead of having additional packet types, wouldn't it be simpler to
have a notation with the name being "POLICYURL" or the like, and the
value being the URL?

I'm aware that Policy URL and Preferred keyserver already existed in
rfc2440, and that some code already uses them which is probably enough
of a reason not to get rid of them right there :) It would be nice
though code-wise to be able to put all attributes like that in a
single type of packet.

David

-- 
   David Shaw  |  [email-masked]  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
   "There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
      We don't believe this to be a coincidence." - Jeremy S. Anderson