Subject: Replacement Key

From: David Shaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:27:18 -0400

I welcome any comment on the replacement key draft that just got
posted.  

The point, in case you haven't seen the draft yet, is a way for a user
to specify the key that replaces a revoked or expired key.  General
purpose implementations can use this information to use the new key
(presumably with a warning) if a user requests the old one.  It would
also be useful to automatically fetch the new key from keyservers.

Keyservers could use this to present the proper key (again, with a
warning) if an expired/revoked key is requested.

In particular I'd like to hear opinions on the variable sized
subpacket.  There are other variable sized subpackets in OpenPGP, but
I wonder if this one might not save us much.

David

-- 
David Shaw          |  Technical Lead
<[email-masked]>  |  Enterprise Content Delivery
617-250-3028        |  Akamai Technologies