Subject: Re: Diffs for next draft

From: Edwin Woudt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 00:09:33 +0200

Jon Callas <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Here's everything I have. If there's something you want me to do and I've
> been obtuse, let me know again, and it'll get in. I'm planning on
> submitting the draft in about 24 hours. I can always do another one when
> something's omitted, so don't panic.

Here is another clarification of something that was unclear to me at first 
sight (again I needed interoperability testing to figure this out):

--- draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc2440bis-02.txt.orig   Thu Aug 23 21:40:19 2001
+++ draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc2440bis-02.txt        Fri Aug 24 00:02:20 2001
@@ -904,7 +904,9 @@
        which is equivalent to V3 in all other respects.

      - An eight-octet number that gives the key ID of the public key
-       that the session key is encrypted to.
+       that the session key is encrypted to. If the session key is
+       encrypted to a subkey then the key ID of this subkey is used
+       here instead of the key ID of the primary key.

      - A one-octet number giving the public key algorithm used.

@@ -3100,6 +3102,10 @@
    Also note that if V3 and V4 format keys share the same RSA key
    material, they will have different key ids as well as different
    fingerprints.
+
+   Finally, the key ID and fingerprint of a subkey are calculated in the
+   same way as for a primary key, including the 0x99 as the first byte
+   (even though this is not a valid packet ID for a public subkey).

 12. Notes on Algorithms

---

From: Jon Callas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 18:08:02 -0700

Thanks. I put those in.

	Jon