Subject: [openpgp] Ed25519 in a draft

From: Daniel Huigens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 15:54:22 +0000

Hi all, and dear editors,

Would it be possible to get a new draft out with Ed25519 in it?

(I'm not sure if this work is blocked by anything, but I'm sending
this email purely in case some encouragement is helpful ^.^
Let me know if I can do anything more helpful than that.)

We (OpenPGP.js) would like to switch to generating ECC keys by
default, and the current situation where Ed25519 is not in any
non-expired draft is a bit awkward, in that context.

(FWIW, I also care about a bunch of other stuff in rfc4880bis,
but this one seems the most uncontroversial to me ^.^)

Thanks for all your work!

Best,
Daniel Huigens

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 12:03:46 -0400 (EDT)

> Would it be possible to get a new draft out with Ed25519 in it?

Apologies. we will get an updated draft out today.

> non-expired draft is a bit awkward, in that context.

understood.

Paul