Subject: [OPSEC] Just because you can...

From: George Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 07:42:32 -0500

So, I think we need a little WG Chair input and reflection on charter before
we go
rushing off to write/finish a bunch of capability drafts.   Also, a
reality/usefulness check.

Should we do a bunch of disconnected capability drafts ?  Way back when, I
had plans
for a large series of connected drafts with similar style, reinforcing each
other and feeding
a formal test process (a la the benchmark WG).   Maybe to much.  Overcome By
Events?
Maybe it's better to pick off bite size pieces that people have passion for
and do them ?

And, before we go to far, we should ask the "So What?" question.   Lets say
the drafts
were finished and published.   Who would use them?   Would the actually
improve
securtiy/products/operational practices?  How?

Thoughts?

---George Jones