Subject: [OPSEC] New IETF I-D: draft-gont-opsec-dhcpv6-shield-00.txt

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 10:01:40 -0300

Folks,

We have published a new IETF I-D entitled: "DHCPv6-Shield: Protecting
Against Rogue DHCPv6 Servers". It is analogous to the RA-Guard (RFC
6105) mechanism currently employed for mitigating RA-based attacks.

The I-D is available at:
<http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-gont-opsec-dhcpv6-shield-00.txt>

I'm not sure in which wg I'd be pursuing this effort (v6ops, opsec, or
dhcwg). If there's interest in this wg, it could be done here. However,
in any case discussion of this document within opsec would be welcome.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fernando

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-gont-opsec-dhcpv6-shield-00.txt
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 22:26:10 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-gont-opsec-dhcpv6-shield-00.txt has been
successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-gont-opsec-dhcpv6-shield
Revision:	 00
Title:		 DHCPv6-Shield: Protecting Against Rogue DHCPv6 Servers
Creation date:	 2012-05-18
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 12

Abstract:
   This document specifies a mechanism for protecting hosts connected to
   a broadcast network against rogue DHCPv6 servers.  The aforementioned
   mechanism is based on DHCPv6 packet-filtering at the layer-2 device
   on which the packets are received.  The aforementioned mechanism has
   been widely deployed in IPv4 networks ("DHCP snooping"), and hence it
   is desirable that similar functionality be provided for IPv6
   networks.

The IETF Secretariat