Subject: [OPSEC] draft-opsec-ipv6-implications-on-ipv4-nets: BCP vs. Info

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 10:40:27 -0300

Folks,

The current version of the aforementioned I-D targets BCP, and
essentially does two things:

1) Recommends that:
 * The same security policies currently enforced on v4 are enforce on v6
 * Transition/co-existence technologies be blocked by default

2) Provides advice on how to filter each of the different
transition/co-existence technologies.

"1)" (above) is probably the "BCP part" of the document.

Some folks have commented on whether they prefer this document to target
the Informational track (as opposed to the BCP it is currently targeting).

Can other please weigh in and share their thoughts regarding the proper
target for this I-D?

P.S.: I'm currently working on a rev that addresses the feedback that I
have received so far, and this is probably the only remaining item that
I may possibly need to address -- but would appreciate if more folks
shared their thoughts about it.

Thanks!

Best regards,
-- 
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks
e-mail: [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 6666 31C6 D484 63B2 8FB1 E3C4 AE25 0D55 1D4E 7492